GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Peter Lazzaro

New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to make sure, do the Catholics set up in the province of Trier or the city town of Trier.

Edited to avoid confusion.

TIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Catholic setup - TRIER the city or Trier the province
IIRC, all setup pieces are placed in Towns and Cities. Nonetheless, the Catholics setup in the town of Trier. Trier is not capitalized because it is not a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lazzaro

New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Catholic setup - TRIER the city or Trier the province
Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to answer this and for being the sentinel of this forum, it is greatly appreciated.

I have searched through the rules and the only reference as to whether every piece (except the Habsburgs 2 army pieces and pieces for support boxes) sets up in either a town or a city is the following:

Note: In 5-player games there are no unoccupied cities.

This still didn't rectify whether the Catholics set up in the town of Trier or the province until your ruling. I had forgotten that Trier was a town and not a city, thus the error in my original post.

All the best,

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were to be set up in the countryside, it would have read, "PROVINCE of Trier" in order to follow the established nomenclature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.