Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb

17/07/14

So I picked this game up the other day as a birthday present for my friend Bobby; partially because I wanted to play the game in all honesty. The components were absolutely superb, though I did notice that much of the artwork was recycled from netrunner. We played with the standard rules, though some of the variants looked to be very interesting; I liked the look of the variant that gives each character two items relative to their personality, giving the game a slightly more asymmetrical feel.

We played a four player game; at the start of the game, all of the players rushed ahead to get to the higher levels. I stayed behind to mop up some of the early points, and the take out two lab assistants; this did make it very difficult to catch up with the other players however. I wasn't helped by the fact that people were leaving traps behind them as they went along. The other players did however miss out the opportunity to pick up a prototype in the early parts of the second level; I grabbed the thing and made my way out of the building.

The other players pushed on, and made it to the final room, however it looked like they had left things too late to get out of the building. Bobby was able to escape by losing five points by playing his blackmail card. Gaz had gone way too far to get to the exit before the game ended. Porritt was one turn away from escaping when the game ended, ironically hindered by one of her own traps. In the end, the Prototype giving me 10 points was enough to secure the win for myself.

First impressions of the game were very positive. The game was quick, engaging, and very fun. The theme works; and there is well and truly a sense of urgency in the game. I need to try this with six players next time.

1st - Allen 28
2nd - Bobby 24

Did not escape:
Porrit (17)
Gaz (16)

Click here to see my acquired taste reviews

Click here to see my session reports
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.