Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

Funny as it may seem, I don't have real meeples, and I wanna design something around them and cards - so I went looking for photos of them side by side for a size comparison....... But I couldn't find any! Can someone please show me what their sizes are?

Research tells me that meeples are 5/8″ tall and wide, I don't really work in inches, and I have translated it into 1.5875cm, but I'd just like some kind of confirmation about that size being right/wrong?

Thanks you awesome guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:

Research tells me that meeples are 5/8″ tall and wide, I don't really work in inches, and I have translated it into 1.5875cm, but I'd just like some kind of confirmation about that size being right/wrong?

The ones in Carcassonne appear from a quick measure to be 16mm tall and wide, maybe a tiny fraction more but definitely not so much as 16.5, and definitely no less than 16mm. I expect the 5/8" is an estimate or an approximation to Imperial units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew NA
msg tools
Meeples can be any size really. That terms just means "miniature person". You can think of a meeple as a pawn that is vaguely shaped like a person. My suggestion would be just to try and find some meeples that fit the size of your game after you made your board and all of that kind of stuff. There is no reason to fit everything else to the size of a meeple. I've seen meeples that are 16mm x 15.49mm x 10.16mm, and I think that's pretty standard.
-Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys standard sizes always bring production costs down, if it gets that far, so that's a boon plus the gimmick is easier to prototype for people with meeples

Appreciates! Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.