Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my dear friend Arnaldo had not played TOS for some time now and he asked for it after a half match of our current preferred game.

I am first player. Federation Spock, the strongest card in the whole game, and totally overpowered in a two-player game, is in the Starbase. I do not search it away because it is a 9-cost card and this is first turn and no one will be able to buy it in the near future, obviously, of course.

I buy a Lieutenant and upgrade another one to a Commander with Memory Alpha. Arnaldo acquires a Commander too.

Next turn, I do something irrelevant and forget to remove Spock from the Starbase. My friend accelerates his deck with Ship Modifications and shows on the bridge his Commander equipped with a Tricorder followed by two Ensigns, one of them carrying a Hand Phaser. With this small basic crew, he scores one of his draft missions, The Way to Eden, which gives him +5 XP, for a total of 11 XP.

So he acquires Federation Spock on turn 2. I said "good game."

In the next fifteen minutes I mainly watched the game but I managed to complete a single draft mission before being squashed 300 to 50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Carvalho
Brazil
São Gonçalo
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"ST: TOS TALES".

This game allows to write memorable, funny and weird stories!

Awesome description Fameros.

ST:TOS DBG for two players... never more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnaldo wrote:
ST:TOS DBG for two players... never more.

I still think it is a fun game with two players, almost a filler if the players are acquainted with the Starbase deck. But Federation Spock and Terran Empire McCoy are certainly broken in a two-player game. They should be banned. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We remove those cards from our two player games already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.