Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Your Move is a weekend event of board and card gaming - 4/5 October 2014 in Island Bay, Wellington. The day starts at 10am and closes at 10pm (9.30pm on the Sunday night).

If you enjoyed Wellycon and want more then join us by visiting and registering at www.boardgamerentals.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5...

Join us to enjoy;
- a day or weekend of great games for all experience levels
- multiple prize draws over the weekend eith over $400 in prizes.
- access to the library of over 200+ games from the BoardGameRentals.co.nz rental library. You are most welcome to bring your own games - just make sure they are well named
- Onsite shop with a wide range of games available at sale prices with EFTPOS.
- A venue with good parking and bus access, and take aways and a super market in walking distance.
- 20% off for early bird registrations on-line. Get the whole weekend from only $13.60 until last week in September.

Venue: Wellington South Baptist Church and Hall, 284 The Parade, Island Bay.

Buses: The Island bay #1 comes right past the church from the railway station on a 20 mins timetable. If you are coming from Miramar area you will need to change at Newtown.

Day 1: Modern board games.
Day 2: Modern board games and a family focused games session 1pm -4pm. We will bring our school and children's rental gaming selection

We have 70-80 places available for each day. If you can't make this weekend then check out mini wellycon on www.meetup.com/wellingtononboard which is happening on Labour weekend.

Children under 14 are welcome but must be with a supervising adult.

So now It's Your Move, we'd love to see you...

Register at www.boardgamerentals.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder to those who would love to have another weekend of board gaming that in October - It's Your Move is back on - we had 130 people to the first one in July.

Rego link is at the top of the page.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm... given I will have just moved back to NZ for 3 whole days before this event I'd like to say I'll be there but something tells me that I will be far too deep in brownie point debt to even suggest this to the wife.

Great to see plenty of events happening in NZ though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If you can't make It's Your Move, there is always the Mini-wellycon at the end of October - check it out on meetup.com/wellingtononboard

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Early bird discounts close this Saturday, so get in quick to get the whole weekend from only $13.60

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
ttfn wrote:
Hi,

If you can't make It's Your Move, there is always the Mini-wellycon at the end of October - check it out on meetup.com/wellingtononboard

Peter

What's the date for Mini-Wellycon please? Is it one day or two? (Meetup is down)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Simon,

the date for mini-wellycon is Labour weekend the Saturday is definitely on (currently 31 people) and they needed 30 for the Sunday to happen - they had about 19 last time I looked so looks likely that it will be both days - knowing Ceedee and the crew it will be a great weekend.

If you can't make that then It's Your Move will be a few weeks earlier - we expect about 50-70 people for each day and will be having a King of Tokyo tournament with the Prize being a King of New York.

register at www.boardgames.co.nz

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter. I can't do the weekend of your event unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
ttfn wrote:
Hi,

Peter

What's the date for Mini-Wellycon please? Is it one day or two? (Meetup is down)

Peter is right. Details are at WellingtonOnBoard on Meetup.com (which is now up).

If Meetup goes down again the details are also here on BGG in the Wellycon Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It's Your Move - 4/5 October - weekend board gaming event. Like Wellycon just smaller... - list of games for sale
Here is the list of games that will be for sale at the convention.

Even if you don't have the time to come along and play you're most welcome to pop in and look at what's on offer at the shop.

http://boardgames.co.nz/pdfs/IYM-games.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing about 90 games to play, and hope to try some I own that I haven't played yet, like Bruxelles 1893.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Girven
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a list of tournaments and times they start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shane, we have a king of Tokyo tournament - its starts at 10.30 - you can register at http://www.meetup.com/WellingtonOnBoard/events/208703062/

If you're keen on playing that would be great. The prize is a pre-ordered for King of New York due out in November.

If you are coming please bring a copy off KOT if you have one.

peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the Saturday.

There will also be other more organised games that people will set up on the day as we will have board for people to put down choices on.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,
How many spaces do you think there will be on the day? I was thinking of popping along with a friend, but its not 100% yet.

Thanks

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we will have about 20 spaces for people to come along so lots of space if you want to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got places available today so you can pop along, play games, get great prices at the shop and have a neat day for just $10.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.