Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cachia-Garrett
Australia
North Tamborine
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have two of the same Mission active at once, do I need to complete it twice or do I complete both cards with the one action.
eg. Yesterday I had the "Stellar Research" science mission twice (make lvl20 Sensor test on a star), we played that I only completed one of them per test but the wording of the rules are a little ambiguous and could be interpreted that I would complete both cards with the one test, thereby effectively scoring double points.
Did I play right/wrong, is there an official ruling on this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only one. You can only use any state to complete a single mission. They don't give the duplicate mission as an example, but the rule is there for missions such as "Destroy one enemy ship" and "Inflict damage to an enemy ship." Obviously, if you damaged a ship which led to its destruction, you could satisfy both requirements, but the rules only allow you to attribute the event to a single mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may only complete one mission (that requires a test or combat) or one event per action. Missions which come into play completed may be scored immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cachia-Garrett
Australia
North Tamborine
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I thought that was the case.
Thanks for clearing it up for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
You may only complete one mission (that requires a test or combat) or one event per action. Missions which come into play completed may be scored immediately.

Just to clarify, Missions that carry the word "Condition" in front of them (and these are usually Influence Missions) may be scored when drawn, if the conditions have already been satisfied.
Fleet Captains Rules pg 28 wrote:
Some Mission Cards require you to create a specific set of conditions in the game.
These Mission Cards have instructions that begin with “Condition.” These missions work a little bit differently. To complete one of these conditional missions, you only need to match the current status of the game to the requirements of the mission. Sometimes, those conditions will be in place before the Mission Card is drawn. In this case, you can place it in your Victory Pile immediately.

Example: Starfleet Command has ordered an Expansive Survey. If you have explored six adjacent locations (i.e., the face-up Location Tiles are pointed toward you), then you have completed this mission and earned 2 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.