Barks
Australia
Armidale
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game for my mum, a non-gamer and huge Janeite. It's her birthday this week and I was finally able to give it to her, and we had a game.

Mum chose Jane Bennet, and I took Caroline Bingley. We roughly halved the event deck as recommended.

During the game, my original target was Colonel Fitzwilliam. However, after seeing the rich estate of Mr Darcy my focus changed! Mum honed in on Mr Bingley.

At the proposal phase, Mum had more cunning, but only had Mr Wickham and Mr Bingley as potential suitors. Using 'Ladies' Choice', and a fortuitous reroll, she received and accepted an offer from Mr Bingley!

I turned down Wickham and was ignored by Collins. Mr Denny wasn't interested in the first place. Colonel Fitzwilliam proposed, but I turned him down to have a go at Darcy and Pemberley! With a reroll and a +1 in my hand, I thought I had a good chance.

With a 1, reroll 1, Mr Darcy saw me for the shallow woman I am and didn't even propose. I became an Old Maid, working as a governess.

Final score Mum 30, me 16.

Mum enjoyed it, I enjoyed it, very glad to have backed this project. If I hear that Mum has had more games with her friends I'll let you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erika Svanoe
United States
Menomonie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Thanks so much for the nice note. I'm glad you and your mum enjoyed it. Thanks for your support on kickstarter! Best, Erika.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.