X X
msg tools
The wording on the Imperium Rex card says that you reveal the card you are going to play and put the other one back in the deck. It doesn't say and THEN. Do I take this to mean that if Imperium Rex is the only card left, you can choose whether or not you want to play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
msg tools
Yes, sorry, I should have specified. With bureaucracy. Unfortunately that thread does not help. I would imagine that as well, but if you take the wording on the card literally, you don't have to play it if it's the last card. But I'd rather not imagine--it would be nice if there was official errata on this somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p s
msg tools
There's no need for an errata. If there are two interpretations of the rule, and one interpretation results in an absurdity, the other interpretation must be true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
msg tools
I'm not seeing the absurdity...I think the above interpretation is more likely, but neither is absurd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
If Imperium Rex is the last card left, you must play it when using Bureaucracy. There is no option for not playing a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
FuzzyPuffin wrote:
I would imagine that as well, but if you take the wording on the card literally, you don't have to play it if it's the last card.

If you take the wording on the card literally, the game is stuck because you are instructed to draw the top two cards and that is impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule that says if some effect cannot be fully resolved, you resolve it as much as possible would resolve this You can't draw 2 cards, but you can draw 1, so you draw it. You then put it into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.