• [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean by "more sense," but war elephants are quite appropriate for the theme. They were used extensively during the Greek's Hellenistic period. I forget the name of the general. The Persians used them. And as far as battle goes, nothing was more terrifying than a war elephant.

I've been meaning to buy this for the minis alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hannibal dug pachyderms......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ross1494417 wrote:
Yes, yes, yes I have the same complaint. War elephants are cool but were never used by the Celts or Norse cultures. Chariots were much more generic. Just a little niggle for the history purists.

I don't think the Celts or Norse ever went to war with the Greeks, Babylonians, or Egyptians either, though...

IE, I don't think this game is meant to be for history purists anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
Ross1494417 wrote:
Yes, yes, yes I have the same complaint. War elephants are cool but were never used by the Celts or Norse cultures. Chariots were much more generic. Just a little niggle for the history purists.

HISTORY?

This game is not a reflection of actual history in any way. It is a RISK Variant with a Fantasy theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ross1494417 wrote:
Sorry but to say Godstorm "is not a reflection of actual history in any way" is incorrect. The game references Stonehenge and the Pyramids, among other things. They are very real parts of history that can still be visited today. Rather than calling it fantasy it is a blend of mythology and ancient history with some creative license thrown in.

I disagree. I think it's mostly a fantasy/mythology game with some historical bits thrown into it. The fantasy far outweights the "history". It has a few historical references, but those are just fluff items, not the crux of the game's theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Ross1494417 wrote:
Sorry but to say Godstorm "is not a reflection of actual history in any way" is incorrect. The game references Stonehenge and the Pyramids, among other things. They are very real parts of history that can still be visited today. Rather than calling it fantasy it is a blend of mythology and ancient history with some creative license thrown in.

I disagree. I think it's mostly a fantasy/mythology game with some historical bits thrown into it. The fantasy far outweights the "history". It has a few historical references, but those are just fluff items, not the crux of the game's theme.

THIS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.