Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Moore
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this to the comments section of the Kickstarter, but I thought maybe this might get a quicker response. I'm sorry if this is a nuisance:

I got mine today! Looking back on the stretch goals, I'm a bit confused. What was upgraded in the artwork? Everything looks the same as the original design. It says that there were extra and improved workers. What's different from the original design? Also, not that the components are bad, but one of the higher stretch goals is Upgraded Components. Everything is cardboard. If everything is upgraded, I'm failing to see how/I'd hate to see what it was going to look like before.

These are minor things. I have not regrets with my purchase! I was just kind of curious about these things. I haven't played yet, but it seems like it will be fun! Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I remember, the upgrades weren't to change away from cardboard, but to use better cardboard. I think the original was going to be more like card stock than card board. It's been quite some time, though, so not 100% sure what I remember. I do recall that the upgrades weren't going to be huge, though. It wasn't in the realm of the TMG micro-games where more and more items kept getting added. This was a much smaller project and I seem to remember them trying to be realistic in what they could provide without spending more than they were making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sautter
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some of the same questions and then I realized I got the game for $5 including shipping and then it didn't matter as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moore
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, it doesn't matter a whole lot. I'm still happy with my purchase. I was just curious about the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From update 3:
Quote:
Next up is the art upgrade. When we hit this goal, we'll give everything a once over and add unique touches to the structures, coins, and the like. We also have some ideas for how make the game more colorblind friendly, so we'll work on that too

From update 8:
Quote:
New components unlocked! One of the complaints with the token Workers is that it can be difficult to keep track of which workers have been moved. We're adding three more Sailor tokens. This will allow each of the Worker tokens to have a reverse face that can be use to indicate that it has been moved! ... Our low price prohibits wooden meeples from being included, regardless of over-funding

From update 10 and 12 (in relation to deluxe components):
Quote:
When we hit this goal, we'll schedule a call with the game's manufacturer, talk through all of our options, and add whatever we can to make improvements to the look and feel of the final components. Want upgraded chipboard? Or possibly linen textured pieces? We'll see what we can do!...We've had a call with the game's manufacturer, we reviewed all of our options. We're waiting on quotes, but we're going to do whatever we can afford to make the game a better final product.

So as has already been stated they were never planning on doing anything huge with the stretch goals, just small tweaks here and there to make the game even better. As was stated this is just a $5 game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garbe
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jdlly wrote:
From update 3:
Quote:
Next up is the art upgrade. When we hit this goal, we'll give everything a once over and add unique touches to the structures, coins, and the like. We also have some ideas for how make the game more colorblind friendly, so we'll work on that too

Yea, I noticed each of the house tokens is slightly different (flowers, shrubbery, etc)--I thought that was pretty cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed for two copies and only got one.
Does each copy come in a separate envelope?

also, what was the extra coins stretch goal, I don't seem to have those

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, each one comes in a separate envelope. As long as you have all the coins in the punchboard you aren't missing any. This is from update six...

Quote:
Right now, you need to make change very frequently. It could be a little easier with more coins, so we'll add an additional 5 coin and two 1's which should make money management a little more casual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
I backed for two copies and only got one.
Does each copy come in a separate envelope?

also, what was the extra coins stretch goal, I don't seem to have those

Each copy comes in its own envelope. I received my 3 copies and each was in a separate envelope.

I'd say if you don't see your second copy within a few days to get in touch with Laboratory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.