Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Q? Is a player allowed to have more than 1 role at a time?

Q? Can the Governor look at all the Immigrant cards in the immigrant pool, or just the cards on top of the three respective stacks (Pioneers, Priests, Soldiers)?

Q? I'm unclear how a negative bid for a role can work. Let's say in a three player game one player is the new Governor, another player is high bid for the Military Commandant, then how does the last player get their role (should the Governor just dole it out?)?

In other words, a player bids minus twenty (-$20) and no one else wants to (or can't) bid, so they get the role and $20 pesos from the bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A player may have more than one role at a time.

The governor may look at the fronts of all cards in the immigrant pool.

Bidding works the same whether negative or positive: whoever bids the highest gets the role. A bid of $10 beats a bid of $5. A bid of $5 beats a bid of $0. A bid of $0 beats a bid of -$5.

I'd be quite amazed to see a role go for a bid of -$20, meaning that no one was willing to take the role unless they got paid $20 to do so. Late in the game, I've seen the commandant and the presiding father go for around -$5, since they get an extra person card into your hand when Immigrants is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.