Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an event card called lucky break that allowed me to place a spur token on an empty badlands space. Can I put it on a space right next to my guy? The event tokens that go on terrains have rules that you cannot put them adjacent, but the rules did not address spur tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
I got an event card called lucky break that allowed me to place a spur token on an empty badlands space. Can I put it on a space right next to my guy? The event tokens that go on terrains have rules that you cannot put them adjacent, but the rules did not address spur tokens.

I would say since it came from an event card you couldn't. It's part of the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On cards the only restriction is "an empty" space is my reading of that.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:

Sean

Thanks. I was wondering about that since it is different than putting out an event tile. We'll play it that you can put it next to your character. I mean, the card does say Lucky Break and it would be so if you could potentially get it next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
onekccs wrote:

Sean

Thanks. I was wondering about that since it is different than putting out an event tile. We'll play it that you can put it next to your character. I mean, the card does say Lucky Break and it would be so if you could potentially get it next turn.

That's how we play it too. You have to rest to get the spur, so it's not a freebie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
SilvaShado wrote:
onekccs wrote:

Sean

That's how we play it too. You have to rest to get the spur, so it's not a freebie.

Good point. It takes up your whole turn to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.