Victor Azai
msg tools
There was a battle between house Stark and House Baratheon, greyjoy decides to support Baratheon.Stark uses Walder Frey Baratheon uses Stannis.The greyjoy support on Baratheon change sides to stark as writed on Walder Frey card, do Stannis text ignores the greyjoy support now on stark side?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have cards now.
If both have "immediatelly", then IT order matters.

Remember that Ignore/Cancel is before anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the card texts:

Stannis Baratheon If you are not being supported in this combat, remove all Support orders (including your own) adjacent to the embattled area, canceling any supporting strengths they may have been providing

Walder Frey Any player (other than your opponent) who grants support to your opponent must grant that support to you instead

I think it would be by order of Iron Throne. If Baratheon was higher up on the throne, Stannis' ability wouldn't do anything in the battle. If you were Baratheon in this situation and going into the battle, there is the option to refuse support, if you think that Stark might play Walder Frey, as in that case the support would be removed rather than transfer to Stark.

I don't think the 'canceling' word in Stannis is meant to invoke #1's "Ignore" or "Cancel" text abilities in the rulebook in terms of determining order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Azai
msg tools
thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Stanojević
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, Baratheon can refuse support if he wants to use Stannis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Ashwinds
msg tools
mbmb
I don't think the IT order counts, because there is no time element in the texts. Actually both texts are quite direct, no "can" or "may", but "remove" and "must". The way I see it:

Walder Frey makes support change sides, no choice.
IF Bara now without support, Stannis power plays and you remove all support orders.
IF Bara was supporting himself, then he is still supported and Stannis power doesnt play.

Note that if Bara had also been supporting himself, he would not be able to forego it after cards are played because support is declared before cards are chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashwinds wrote:
I don't think the IT order counts, because there is no time element in the texts.

If there is no time element in abilities, then in fact we still have the time element.
In that case it's after any Ignore/Cancel, but before resolving battle.

So Iron Throne track DOES matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
petr enis
Germany
flag msg tools
an other question in that matter; can someone support someone else against his will?
for example could greyjoy support baratheon (on demand of stark/bolton) to make the text ability of stanis useless.
or perhaps (would be really rare though) you want to deal some damage through you're support (for example you are greyjoy and want stark to win against baratheon, because he is playing reek...)

i think its not possible, but can someone confirm that please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aerys wrote:
an other question in that matter; can someone support someone else against his will?
for example could greyjoy support baratheon (on demand of stark/bolton) to make the text ability of stanis useless.
or perhaps (would be really rare though) you want to deal some damage through you're support (for example you are greyjoy and want stark to win against baratheon, because he is playing reek...)

i think its not possible, but can someone confirm that please?

No
The order is:
1. Attacker/defender asks for support.
2. Owner of the order agrees or not.
*more complicated if there are multiple supports

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
petr enis
Germany
flag msg tools
ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.