Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
In December we'll be moving back to the UK from Australia.

We'll be ending up in Canterbury for the moment. Are there any gaming groups in Canterbury or the surrounding area or have I been exiled to another gaming wilderness?

I saw a thread offering gaming goodness in Ashford, so that's a good start. Anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris Halpin
Australia
Llanarth
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:

We'll be ending up in Canterbury for the moment. Are there any gaming groups in Canterbury or the surrounding area or have I been exiled to another gaming wilderness?

I saw a thread offering gaming goodness in Ashford, so that's a good start. Anything else?

Nice one James. I thought that was a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:

Ashford meets on Sundays
STAG (Sevenoaks) meet on Wednesdays
MAB also meet on Wednesdays in Maidstone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Turner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

www.canterburygamers.org.uk

These guys are online but they are on the back of a physical shop and possibly an attached physical gaming group

Can't hurt to ask

FNG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:

Ashford definitely looks your nearest, but if you can't make Sundays then, as TheRiddler1976 mentioned, we at Medway Area Boardgamers (MAB) meet on Wednesdays in Maidstone (about 40 mins drive from Canterbury) - more info on our website here: http://www.medwayareaboardgamers.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live a handful of miles away in Faversham. Come say hi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
ATeamRules wrote:
That was hilarious. You and that hamster of fury guy should start a podcast. I would subscribe to that!

The people have spoken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:
ATeamRules wrote:
That was hilarious. You and that hamster of fury guy should start a podcast. I would subscribe to that!

The people have spoken.

If you can kick me back into being a proactive member of the board gaming community then you will be hailed like a mighty saviour of all that is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Swain
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Here are the groups I am aware of:

Sundays = Ashford
Mondays = Canterbury & Sittingbourne
Tuesdays = Whistable
Wednesdays = Maidstone & Sevenoaks
Thursdays = Canterbury

Let me know if you are interested in playing any games that take in the range of 2 to 6 hours. I'm interested in getting involved in groups to play some epic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI the Dolphin Pub is a good pub for gaming - they have a small selection and I believe on Thursdays there is a club there. But if you want a table to play games, they take bookings and are cool with you playing games. They do the largest fish cakes in England also I am fairly sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Swain
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
The Thursdays meetup is at Xpress Games (http://www.xpressgames.co.uk/)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
PirateChris wrote:
Let me know if you are interested in playing any games that take in the range of 2 to 6 hours. I'm interested in getting involved in groups to play some epic games.

Oh, I'm always interested...

Thanks for the replies guys. Excellent stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.