Thumb up
2 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Collective OP1... Again. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
So, I won my LGS Collective OP 1 with the exact same list that took me to tiebreakers in the Arena:

Tactical Cube 138
Tactical Drone (3)
Borg Ablative Hull Armor
Borg Ablative Hull Armor
Full Assault

Reinforcement Sideboard
Borg Queen
Borg Missle
Feedback Pulse

(80-point faction-pure shop. Goval added post Arena for assimilation options. Pulled the Romulan blind pack and ran everything except the Plasma Torpedoes)

I am kinda new, but I was able to game the scenario a little (steer the BCT around) and play to the strengths of my ships against a Tholian (right?), a Fed, and a Dominion (guy ran flagship and admiral on a second division with an ED and managed to pull the Jem'Hadar blind - uphill battle, lemme tell ya).

But now, I'm going to go play OP1 at another LGS and I have a couple of reservations: I feel like Borg might be a crutch, I got a little lucky the first time 'round, and I'm pretty sure that a friend of mine who's also going has just about figured out how to kick my butt.

Mostly, I'm just not sure if this is really the most competitive form of this list. I've got my win down, and I'm certainly not running this for OP2, but in a few hours I'm probably going to try it in another meta (still 80-point pure, so no culture shock).

I'll be back to let you know how it goes, but in the mean time, what do you guys think? Changes to suit OP1 better? How would it (or something similar) do in your meta? Anything just for preference?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
flag msg tools
Not necessarily a crutch, but I think the movement dials of the Borg cube and sphere are very friendly to new players. They take a lot of the guesswork out of manoeuvring, while providing lots of firepower and ample hull so you'll survive a long time.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.