Subject: The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin, 2 cards played question ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Weibel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A scenario happened last night.
We where 4 players. Player 1 oppened a door, when a level 6 Dust Devil appeared. It sais "Before the combat, the person on your left chooses one item you have in play. Discard it to the bottom of the discard stack"

Player 2 then removed 1 item from him, and after that player 1 said "I can kill this one myself. Anyone wanna do something about it?"
Then Player 3 played He Went That-A-Way which sais "Play durin any combat. Return all cards that had been played in that combat (except this one, you munchkin), and then pick a new player to fight the monster. He may ask for help. Rewards for the combat are granted normally". Player 3 then picked herself to be the target.

Now my question... :
1) Is it ONLY player 1 which will lose 1 item, since the "attack" startet at him?
2) Does both player 1 and player 3 lose 1 item?
3) Is it ONLY player 3 which will lose 1 item, since Dust Devil attacks her in the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It only says to return all cards PLAYED, and it doesn't say to restart the combat as if it never happened, so I would have to rule with option 2, both players lose 1 item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Weibel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see your point. Hoping others will have something to say aswell. This example had a BIG discussion when we played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Lewis
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
It would be option #1, because the combat has already started. The main player in combat is simply changed, which doesn't restart things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Weibel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brokeindev wrote:
It would be option #1, because the combat has already started. The main player in combat is simply changed, which doesn't restart things.

Also what i would say, and what we played with (though the main player was STRONGLY against it, and actually a bit bad hehe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.