California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game tonight. I really liked it. It's a long game and we didn't get to finish but it's nifty and lots of stuff to do. And boy do you need to get that portal building to help you get out of a crowded corner!

One problem we had was we played the short game and the "Dark Days" icon really drove us nuts. That on top of making enemies harder was a bit brutal. We were really unlucky since all 3 Half Moon cards were Dark Days.

The card breakdown-
Crescent Moon - No "Dark Days" icons
Half Moon - 3 of 5 "Dark Days" icons
Full Moon - 3 of 5 "Dark Days" icons

So instead of drawing equal amounts of cards for each Moon set, favor the Crescent Moon set for an easier starting game.

Short Game - 5, 2, 2
Medium Game - 5, 4, 3
Long Game - all cards

This will ease players in for monster slaying early game. By mid to late game they hopefully will be powerful enough to deal with those dark days, as they are truly dark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to make sense, since the dark days cards make it almost impossible to attack monsters in early/mid game. I guess they are there to increase player interaction. I will try this in my next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.