Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone show me in the new rules where it says how ammo is used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Can someone show me in the new rules where it says how ammo is used?

It is under "Equipment" on page 24.

Basically, ammo is a consumable. You can use it without spending an AP. Discard the card, and then place cubes on the relevant weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - I mean the Ammo cubes themselves...when exactly are they expended....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Sorry - I mean the Ammo cubes themselves...when exactly are they expended....

The moment the survivor expends 1 AP and rolls the attack dice for the firearm. Success or fail, the ammo cube is expended.

Usually I take the cube off first, then roll the dice, just to avoid any confusion with multiple attacks.

EDIT: Typos, horrible typos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Just for reference, where did you find this in the rules (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102170/official-revised-ru...)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Thanks! Just for reference, where did you find this in the rules (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102170/official-revised-ru...)?

Hmmm. I would say it should be on page 14, under "Combat", just prior to rolling the Survivor dice.

It's not there though. And I'm not sure I want to check the original rulebook to see where it used to be explained. This detailed must have disappeared during the revision process.

I'll send a message to David to remind him to include it if he ever decides to writing "Revised 2.0". For now, take my word for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Don
France
Montpellier
Herault / Languedoc-Roussillon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quite a bunch of things missing in that rulebook… Someone should sit down, who's never played it, and make a list for what's needed to make it possible to play the game without hours of forum reading here…

Great game though, but it took too many hours to decrypt the rules and find out how the game works (revised rulebook).

Cheers
D.Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
György Dudas
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So when you have 2 hits with e.g. 3 dice, you only spend 1 black ammo cube?
That's the way I played it. It is a bit off thematically, because 2 hits would mean to bullets fired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's one cube per attack, not per hit. I get what you're saying thematically, but it'd be brutal otherwise. Ammo is scarce enough :-)
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gdudas wrote:
So when you have 2 hits with e.g. 3 dice, you only spend 1 black ammo cube?
That's the way I played it. It is a bit off thematically, because 2 hits would mean to bullets fired.

In the original rules it was on page 17 - "Each time a weapon is used during combat by performing an attack roll, remove one ammo cube from the weapon card." That line was definitely still in the rules during the revision process, but vanished somewhere along the line.

I always thought of each cube representing a burst of fire, rather than a single bullet. After all, a machine gun would hold more than 8 bullets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
Yeah, it's one cube per attack, not per hit. I get what you're saying thematically, but it'd be brutal otherwise. Ammo is scarce enough :-)
-ryanjamal

Except for Chuck Lee's shuriken, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giga wrote:
ryanjamal wrote:
-ryanjamal

Except for Chuck Lee's shuriken, correct?

It is always one cube per attack.

It just so happens that one attack with a shuriken is a fixed one automatic hit, rather than rolling a number of dice that may or may not hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.