Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Recruitment and plastic limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nemanja
Serbia
flag msg tools
mb
The number of units on the board is limited by the number of plastic figures. What are the legal constraints of recruitment once that limit is reached?

For example if I have all of my Pegasus Riders on the board, can I remove one so I could place it in my stronghold when executing the Recruit order?

Twilight Imperium for example had a step during status phase where you could scrap your ships, but you couldn't remove the ships mid-turn unless they exceed the supply limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Rainbow
mbmbmbmbmb
kouteki wrote:
For example if I have all of my Pegasus Riders on the board, can I remove one so I could place it in my stronghold when executing the Recruit order?

Yes that's exactly what you can do. I only know the german rule book and the first version but it stands on page 31.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian N
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
One exception to this is that you are not allowed to destroy Reanimate units when your Necromancer special ability is triggered and you don't have enough units left to put them into the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
To be precise, the rule for this is that when you RECRUIT (using a Recruitment order or cards that say to recruit units), you can remove units from the board if you've reached your limit.

Other abilities (like the Necromancer one, stated above) are not "recruiting" and thus do not allow you to do this.

Note, however, that you cannot just scrap a unit anytime you want. You can only do it if you run into your plastic limit and want to recruit a unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.