Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie breakers and the behemoth tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my wife and I played an epic game of SW where we tied in VP, tied again in the number of tokens we had on the board, and we tried to house rule it and agreed to say most regions occupied wins. Of course, she had 1 more region and "won".

Looking back I didn't count my 4 behemoth tokens that I had out there and treated them as troll lairs, bivouacking, dragon master, etc. Was this a mistake? Are behemoth treated as race tokens?

Thanks for any help in bringing peace and resolution back to our gaming table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't count them. Thematically they aren't your people, they are monsters you control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would count them, just like I would count Hordes, or any other square "race" tokens. Same shape as normal race tokens = race tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this question is answered in the Pocket Encyclopedia but I don't have my copy with me. Can anyone look it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pocket encyclopedia would be awesome! It now seems to make sense that those behemoth tokens look like regular race tokens. So maybe behemoth and hordes do count? Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rasmussen is correct (thanks!)

Pocket Encyclopedia wrote:
Q. Do the Dragon, Heroes, Catapult and other immune markers, as well as defences such as Encampments, Fortresses and Behemoth, count toward the tie-breaker at the end of the game?

A. No. Only the number of Active + In Decline Race tokens that each player has on the map at the game's end determines the tie breaker. As a result, the +4 Amazons used only for Conquests don't count either, since they can't stay on the map at the end of a turn. "Hordes of" tokens will count, however, since they are treated like Race tokens.
(emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Good to know, even though I still officially lost shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smytty94 wrote:
Thanks guys! Good to know, even though I still officially lost shake

Heh, I would have called it a tie and played another game with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.