Popular Tags: Legendary_Sleeves_Colors [+] [View All]
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

Due to the cost I sleeved all all my cards with the cheapest I could find. Initially they were ok but found them harder to shuffle as time went by, sticking a lot. I've recently got into marvel vs xmen dice game and traded cards with other people and they sent the cards in these great sleeves with coloured backs. I've now found out they are ultra pro matte. Wow..what a difference..but just priced them at £80 to sleeve the lot.

I really wanted to sleeve the cards with different colour backs for heroes, villains etc so i looked through some old threads. Glad I didn't as totally forgot about schemes that mix in heroes to the villain deck.

The cards in the game as we all know are colour bordered for instinct, strength etc.

Is there a colour back sleeve that you all think works best or have you sleeved them in clear matte cards?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
papafuzzylugs wrote:

I really wanted to sleeve the cards with different colour backs for heroes, villains etc so i looked through some old threads. Glad I did as totally forgot about schemes that mix in heroes to the villain deck.

While I do understand your motivation behind this, I would not "sort" the cards in different colour sleeves. Remember there are scenarios in which hero cards are shuffled into the villain deck - with differently coloured sleeves you would be able to tell whether the next card is a villain deck card or a hero.

I sleeve my cards in clear FFG sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
As was already said, some scenarios tell you to put heroes in the villain deck and for all we know, a future one might put wounds\bindings\shields\hydra\masterminds etc in the deck as well.

Personally I just use the clear ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that what you choose to sleeve your cards in will be entirely up to you. I use the Ultra Pro whites - in my local FLGS they cost $6 and change per 100 sleeves. I probably could have gotten them cheaper online, or maybe not, but I chose to go to my FLGS to get my sleeves and give my business to the local guy (In all honesty I don't know how much profit he gets on sleeves, but it felt good anyways).

So far so good. Had to replace 3 sleeves up to this point, but that was due to improper shuffling techniques. That's been sorted out.

Regardless of the sleeves you do get, it's nice to have extras kicking around in the box. Accidents/wear and tear will happen and it's nice to have that peace of mind that if they do rip backups are readily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sleeved mine in different colours, and it's never really a problem for me. I think so far there is only the one scheme that requires heroes in the villain deck, so changing the sleeves of 14 cards has never really been exactly onerous for me - especially as I've only ever played that scheme once. As and when future schemes come up that fiddle around with stuff like that, I suppose I'll take it as it comes!

I use FFG sleeves, and have the heroes/wounds in red, the villains/bystanders/twists/masterstikes in green (and the masterminds and schemes in black) for Legendary (the green and red makes it obvious if I put a defeated villain into my discard pile, a perennial problem for me). For Legendary Villains (which I've not yet played yet) I have the villains in blue and the adversaries in white.

It works for me, anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Albertson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah the differently colored sleeves are not at all a big deal. The ease gained from using multiple colors as well as the aesthetics far outweigh any weird gameplay (which is easily explained away if you are a tiny bit creative). I have heroes in blue, villains in purple, schemes and tokens in green, masterminds in black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in different colored backs the only real annoying one is Save Humanity. I keep spare sleeves around to switch the sleeve colors so it can be a chore to do that one. Other than that all of the other switching sleeves schemes are a cakewalk.

If I had a chance would I switch them all to one color. Maybe, but the Pros of doing so is if you teach a lot of new players Villain cards ending up in their deck doesn't happen due to the color difference. I don't have anything labeled so it is really quick to spot villains and heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Ultra Pro Deck Protectors - Blue.

Love 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for your comments.

I was concerned about the little part of the colour around the edge maybe getting confused or being slightly off putting with the different colours on the hero cards etc, so was therefore thinking of clear or white.

Itai, the blue ones look really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always used blue, and I love them. But blue is also one of my favorite colors. I don't think there's really any optimal color to choose. Just go with whatever color you like and think looks good on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started with ultra-pro mattes that I'd purchased for Ascension, but as it became obvious that I would run out way before Upper Deck stopped making expansions I decided to switch. Due to cost, space savings, and my desire to see the card backs, I bought a bunch of penny sleeves. They're working great for me. As a bonus, I still have plenty of space left for future expansions...although it just occurred to me that I'll need to buy more sleeves to accommodate the Guardians expansion.

Now I've started getting into Netrunner and have moved my mattes over to that game. If I keep going, I'll probably get FFG clear sleeves. I just like being able to see the card backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I have used the legendary sleeves from upper deck and have had no issues to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.