Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: gear [+] crews [+] [View All]
Matthew Cafiero
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The rich and powerful, they take what they want. We steal it back for you. Sometimes bad guys make the best good guys. We provide... "leverage."

Please consider the following, and make suggestions for changes and prices. The prices on these cards are PLACEHOLDERS ONLY, pending playtest.

Killjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We love leverage - thanks for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice. Oddly enough, I just finished reading the LEVERAGE role-playing book last night, so these guys have been on my mind, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Seems like an awful lot of "Moral" keywords for characters who don't sound especially moral. Maybe there's something about the source material I'm missing, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the 'good guys' in the show, Stephen. Sort of like a modern day Robin Hood... or is that Robin Hoods?

Looks good from what I know about the show (watched a couple of episodes but couldn't get into it).

There's only one very minor redundancy. For "Sophie" there's no need to specify a Negotiate Showdown, merely '+3 Negotiate in SHOWDOWN' would suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
yeah these characters had one thing in common from their checkered pasts, they didn't steal from anyone who couldn't afford it.
They're moral in the same way Mal is moral

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Taking a closer look...

NATE: I get that you gave him Pilot because they needed one, but if anyone's the wheelman, it's Hardison. In terms of keywords, Nate might have Fake ID or Fancy Duds rather than an actual "job."

I like the idea that, rather than he has something to do with Misbehaves rather than boosting money. Very appropriate. As depicted, though, it really boils down to Nate saying "Nope. This is too hard. Let's back off and try again later." That's not exactly how Nathan usually works, and I suspect it may also be somewhat passive in gameplay.

I would think something like Dalin's ability to redraw might be more in keeping with his ability to turn defeat into success. Alternately, if you could draw a certain amount and re-order them, like the Universal Encyclopedia, would represent pre-planning.

SOPHIE: Given that we don't know her name throughout the series, I would probably give her FAKE ID rather than FANCY DUDS. +3 in a Showdown is nice, but given the role she often plays, I might have given her something like "Counts as Companion when Carrying FANCY DUDS" or maybe something comparable to Inara's re-roll (or maybe re-roll all 1s).

ELIOT: Soldier or maybe Merc? Although Eliot uses martial arts rather than weapons, a bonus to Kosherized rolls actually isn't all that great. There are only 4 cards with it, and all can be circumvented by a relatively easy Talk check. On his own, not bad, but as part of this crew? Not likely to come into play too often.

I may be making too much of it, but since I've been working on ship crews a lot recently, I've been thinking about how Crews work together. Given that this Crew would likely be high Tech/high Talk, how would a Fight character factor in?

HARDISON: No Hacking Rig? No way! If Hardison doesn't come with a built-in Hacking Rig, I'd envision him with the Hacking Rig equivalent of Two-Fry (actually, reducing Misbehaves under certain circumstances might also be a good angle for Eliot).

I'm really on the fence about job keyword. Mechanic is the obvious one (although I could also see it for Parker), but I think Pilot also applies... but both is probably too much on the same dude.

PARKER: On one hand... Yay, Parker! On the other -- 2 Contraband?!? Yikes! Seems a bit much, especially on Crime Jobs. Not sure what else I would recommend, though. Maybe she can count any Illegal Job as a Crime Job (not a bonus on it's own, but works well with other gear).

Maybe something related to her rappelling rig?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate ability for Nate:

"Draw a Misbehave card and place it in your hand. When Misbehaving it may be swapped for a Misbehave you've just drawn. Place the new Misbehave in your hand."

So you can make a tough job easier, and save hard stuff for a job you don't mind botching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very cool idea. I like that it represents advanced planning and Nate keeping a sort of "ace in the hole" for himself and his crew. That's how he works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem with the "save a Misbehave card" mechanic is the interaction with the Blue Hands - removing the Reshuffle from the deck breaks that mechanic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great point -- but not a reason to throw the whole mechanism out. There are plenty of suitable workarounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
removing the Reshuffle from the deck breaks that mechanic...

I'd just rule it as Reshuffle has to be executed immediately, so the player draws another card after the shuffle. Though that's going to have to go in a FAQ because I don't think it'd fit on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.