Subject: Weather rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauro Bertolino
Italy
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I come again with another question.

I read the original game rules, which are available in the web, and I found no reference to weather effects. Are the weather effects still unaccounted for in the expansion? That's because in Eastern Europe weather influenced a lot the military operations.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Bertolino
Italy
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ermj1986 wrote:
I think weather is factored in this game by the Allied Air Points Table. Low points equals bad weather.

On the east front, the Soviet HQ's cannot attack unless activated for attack supply by a die roll of 5 or 6. This seems to be a mechanic to simulate a number of different things, including the powerful, but unwieldy, Soviet Army, with other factors that alter the tempo.

There is no explicit weather table though.

I imagined that the idea of rolling for HQ activations could also include, behind the military preparations, also the weather effects.

I would have liked, however, a more explicit weather influence: from what I have read, October and November, in the reality, offered very little opportunities for a campaign, at least in the vast plain of Poland. With the HQ activation mechanism, they could be as good as January, when the soil was frozen and so apt for mechanized maneuvres.

I will have to try the game... thanks anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albaron wrote:
ermj1986 wrote:
I think weather is factored in this game by the Allied Air Points Table. Low points equals bad weather.

On the east front, the Soviet HQ's cannot attack unless activated for attack supply by a die roll of 5 or 6. This seems to be a mechanic to simulate a number of different things, including the powerful, but unwieldy, Soviet Army, with other factors that alter the tempo.

There is no explicit weather table though.

I imagined that the idea of rolling for HQ activations could also include, behind the military preparations, also the weather effects.

I would have liked, however, a more explicit weather influence: from what I have read, October and November, in the reality, offered very little opportunities for a campaign, at least in the vast plain of Poland. With the HQ activation mechanism, they could be as good as January, when the soil was frozen and so apt for mechanized maneuvres.

I will have to try the game... thanks anyway!

Weather is factored into the time per turn. Summer months are one week per turn; fall (mud and such), winter, and spring are 2 weeks per turn. It doesn't rain or snow for an entire week or two. It's more the tempo of operations that weather and other factors dictate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Bertolino
Italy
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calvinboy24 wrote:
Weather is factored into the time per turn. Summer months are one week per turn; fall (mud and such), winter, and spring are 2 weeks per turn. It doesn't rain or snow for an entire week or two. It's more the tempo of operations that weather and other factors dictate.

This really makes sense!
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.