3 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: winnowing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bill kernow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was wondering... what cards have people removed from the game/expansions and why?

I know some people are really anti making any changes, but personally I think building your perfect deck is part of the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree; every card draw should be interesting! (or at least most of them) I take out any cards that are unfun for everyone or just pointless space blockers.

Removed from adventure deck:
Magician
Dungeon Doors
Talismans (we like to get them from quests or encounters, rather than find them in a field)
Mad cap
Parthenon
Bane sword
there's a lot more that I can't remember right now

After a game, if there was a card that came out that seems pointless and uninteresting (and like it probably will be in future games, too), I'll remove it from the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost hated the Dragon expansion, until being inspired and made my own variant. Not gonna share it all here, but it does entail removing all cards that effect specific board spaces like the castle and village. I also removed cards that deal with scales, sleep, and other odd effects.

I also dislike the day/nite variant, so don't play that, which therefore entails removing most cards that specificlay deal with day or night, tho I have left a couple in, deciding randomly on those couple of exceptions.

And while I enjoy a good Halloween flavor during the season of Autumn, I don't like it in my game most of the year and so remove many of the heavily Halloween flavored cards from Bloodmoon as well. Thus a good percentage of BloodMoon has been removed.

I also think having the Reaper and Werewolf is over much, we enjoy the Reaper more so we have removed the Werewolf as well.

And the only card I have removed because I felt was over powered was the Scribe. But have been tempted to remove others, but have not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.