Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Alhambra» Forums » General

Subject: Kick Starter problems with Queen Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Croft
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful with backing this - Queen Games are notorious for poor Customer Service.

I Kick Started their Kingdom Builder and I have not received what I paid for.

I went in search of others experience with Queen Games and everyone has the same experience: Queen Games do not reply to customers that have not received what they paid for.

Caveat Emptor: I think 'Buyer Beware' is the key - you should know up front what type of company you are dealing with before you give them your cash.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the advice, but I can share an opposite, positive experience. I backed Kingdom Builder big box too, and my copy arrived one month prior the expected delivery with all components in place. A really smooth campaign for me. I had no doubts when backing the new Alhambra campaign kiss
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bortz wrote:

I Kick Started their Kingdom Builder and I have not received what I paid for.


You're complaining that you didn't receive yours A MONTH EARLIER than planned? Most Kickstarters are late by at least a few months, but now you are expecting this one to be early?

Yeeesh.....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
igelkott255 wrote:


You're complaining that you didn't receive yours A MONTH EARLIER than planned? Most Kickstarters are late by at least a few months, but now you are expecting this one to be early?

Yeeesh.....


I think you should read the threads about Queen Games to understand what he's talking about. Both the posters are international backers and one received the game early while the other not at all. He's complaining because he has not received a product, not because it didn't come early. For the Dark Darker Darkest campaign a lot of people received their games in October 2013, many STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING 9 months later! I'm pretty sure an experience like this is happening to the original poster and that would upset you as well if it happened to you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Bortz wrote:
Be careful with backing this - Queen Games are notorious for poor Customer Service.

I Kick Started their Kingdom Builder and I have not received what I paid for.

I went in search of others experience with Queen Games and everyone has the same experience: Queen Games do not reply to customers that have not received what they paid for.

Caveat Emptor: I think 'Buyer Beware' is the key - you should know up front what type of company you are dealing with before you give them your cash.

I am not one to offer positive comments when it comes to Queen and Kickstarter - but that is their abuse of the system in my opinion and not due to lack of quality or service.

They are a small company and so it sometimes takes a little longer to get a response. But they have always replaced anything deficient in their games. I don't have KB yet either but wasn't expecting to get it. Things ship in waves sometimes and so people in the same country may not get their reward at the same time. DDD seems somewhat of an anomaly as it isn't their typical game and maybe they weren't prepared to do that one as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:

I think you should read the threads about Queen Games to understand what he's talking about. Both the posters are international backers and one received the game early while the other not at all. He's complaining because he has not received a product, not because it didn't come early. For the Dark Darker Darkest campaign a lot of people received their games in October 2013, many STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING 9 months later! I'm pretty sure an experience like this is happening to the original poster and that would upset you as well if it happened to you.


Huh?

I did check the KB messages before posting. People in EU only started receiving their KB packages a little over a week ago. How can you be pretty sure that the DDD experience is happening to him? Shipping isn't simply a switch that somebody pulls and instantly product is delivered to people's doors! It takes time. This guy received a crappy package without settlements... OK, mistakes are made... the usual procedure I've seen is after the main shipments go out the companies go back and fix anything that's broken. So after a month or so if he hasn't gotten satisfaction, THEN he can start complaining..... Maybe the company should have at least acknowledged his emails by now, but I've often gone a couple weeks with no responses from gaming companies. Going on a company defaming campaign after only a week is absurd.....

just my humble opinion.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had any problems with Queen's Games replacing faulty/missing components. Actually, the only company that has denied to replace their misprinted dashboards is Cool-Mini-or-Not/Guillotine Games. I wouldn't recommend to buy any games from those companies.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Kerckenaere
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
igelkott255 wrote:


You're complaining that you didn't receive yours A MONTH EARLIER than planned? Most Kickstarters are late by at least a few months, but now you are expecting this one to be early?

Yeeesh.....


I think you should read the threads about Queen Games to understand what he's talking about. Both the posters are international backers and one received the game early while the other not at all. He's complaining because he has not received a product, not because it didn't come early. For the Dark Darker Darkest campaign a lot of people received their games in October 2013, many STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING 9 months later! I'm pretty sure an experience like this is happening to the original poster and that would upset you as well if it happened to you.


Except Kingdom Builder Big Box has an expected delivery date of August. Which means they still have over a month to get the game to him, before they'd be running late.

I've backed both Greed and Kingdom Builder Big Box with them, and both arrived early. Unlike almost every other kickstarter I've backed... The only bad thing I can say about them is, they don't send you a shipping notification, the games just show up out of the blue. Which honestly doesn't matter to me at all.

Suffice to say I'll happily back their Alhambra campaign as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bernieke wrote:
rccoll wrote:
igelkott255 wrote:


You're complaining that you didn't receive yours A MONTH EARLIER than planned? Most Kickstarters are late by at least a few months, but now you are expecting this one to be early?

Yeeesh.....


I think you should read the threads about Queen Games to understand what he's talking about. Both the posters are international backers and one received the game early while the other not at all. He's complaining because he has not received a product, not because it didn't come early. For the Dark Darker Darkest campaign a lot of people received their games in October 2013, many STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING 9 months later! I'm pretty sure an experience like this is happening to the original poster and that would upset you as well if it happened to you.


Except Kingdom Builder Big Box has an expected delivery date of August. Which means they still have over a month to get the game to him, before they'd be running late.

I've backed both Greed and Kingdom Builder Big Box with them, and both arrived early. Unlike almost every other kickstarter I've backed... The only bad thing I can say about them is, they don't send you a shipping notification, the games just show up out of the blue. Which honestly doesn't matter to me at all.

Suffice to say I'll happily back their Alhambra campaign as well.

Actually, I received a shipping notification from FedEx some day before shipping. Funny thing: I live in Italy, and the notification said shipment would follow 07/08. In Italy 07/08 means 7th of August, of course FedEx uses the American notation for dates, that is 8th of July, and so it was!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mason
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bortz wrote:
I went in search of others experience with Queen Games and everyone has the same experience: Queen Games do not reply to customers that have not received what they paid for.


Simply not true. I didn't get what I paid for and Queen corresponded with me by email and sent new components, quickly and with no questions asked.

Maybe you have a legitimate problem (as did I), but that doesn't mean you should level attacks you cannot possibly back up. Frankly, it hurts your credibility more than it hurts Queen. (You see, not EVERYONE can possibly have the same experience, but "most people" or "all the accounts you found" can report the same or similar experience...)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Just to reiterate what others have already said in case a casual reader misses it.

It is JULY. The estimated delivery time is AUGUST. You have no valid reason to complain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just disappointed that they are abusing kickstarter in such a blatant manner and that KS is letting them. This game does not need developing, it has a well established fan base, almost everything in it has been released previously. Just absurd usage of KS.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
I'm just disappointed that they are abusing kickstarter in such a blatant manner and that KS is letting them. This game does not need developing, it has a well established fan base, almost everything in it has been released previously. Just absurd usage of KS.


KS is a platform to raise money for a project. That's about it. I'm not aware of any obligation to show how badly you may or may not need the money, or if you may or may not have alternative funding sources. This just is an available alternative. And even if there were such conditions, I don't know that any of us can know what Queen games reserve of capital is.

I don't think it matters if someone is independently wealthy and wants to fund a project. I don't think there's anything wrong with finding legitimate ways to minimize your risk personally (short of blatently lying about your situation, I suppose). Just because you may be able to fund a project, doesn't make it unethical to bring investors into the fold (I realize KS isn't technically considered an "investment", but the principal is the same)

Personally I don't care if the president of the company blew all of his profits (if there were any) on hookers and blow, or if he has a matress with 10 million dollars in it. It's his perogative, and his business if he wants to use Kickstarter, a bank, or his Nana.

You have the right to place any personal value judgement on it you please, but I don't get the relatively common comments such as "Why doesn't KS shut it down" or that it's an "Obvious abuse" etc etc.

IMHO, of course.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
chrisoc13 wrote:
I'm just disappointed that they are abusing kickstarter in such a blatant manner and that KS is letting them. This game does not need developing, it has a well established fan base, almost everything in it has been released previously. Just absurd usage of KS.


KS is a platform to raise money for a project. That's about it. I'm not aware of any obligation to show how badly you may or may not need the money, or if you may or may not have alternative funding sources. This just is an available alternative. And even if there were such conditions, I don't know that any of us can know what Queen games reserve of capital is.

I don't think it matters if someone is independently wealthy and wants to fund a project. I don't think there's anything wrong with finding legitimate ways to minimize your risk personally (short of blatently lying about your situation, I suppose). Just because you may be able to fund a project, doesn't make it unethical to bring investors into the fold (I realize KS isn't technically considered an "investment", but the principal is the same)

Personally I don't care if the president of the company blew all of his profits (if there were any) on hookers and blow, or if he has a matress with 10 million dollars in it. It's his perogative, and his business if he wants to use Kickstarter, a bank, or his Nana.

You have the right to place any personal value judgement on it you please, but I don't get the relatively common comments such as "Why doesn't KS shut it down" or that it's an "Obvious abuse" etc etc.

IMHO, of course.


Well seeing as QG is using it as a storefront so they can cut out the middle man, and KS actually states that it's purpose is to:
Quote:
Kickstarter is a vibrant community of people working together to bring new things to life.

It doesn't seem to fit. Board games have gone from bringing new things to life to cutting out the middle man for big companies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
Well seeing as QG is using it as a storefront so they can cut out the middle man, and KS actually states that it's purpose is to:
Quote:
Kickstarter is a vibrant community of people working together to bring new things to life.

It doesn't seem to fit. Board games have gone from bringing new things to life to cutting out the middle man for big companies.

Does this have to arise in every Queen-related thread now?

It's silly. It's like complaining that Amazon shouldn't be selling things that aren't books. "It's suuppooooosed to be the world's largest BOOKstore. Get it together, Bezos!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leach
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
I'm just disappointed that they are abusing kickstarter in such a blatant manner and that KS is letting them. This game does not need developing, it has a well established fan base, almost everything in it has been released previously. Just absurd usage of KS.


Queen has said themselves in the past that their use of Kickstarter is a business decision. They're a relatively small company. Using Kickstarter reduces their risk in printing games AND it lets them bring out more games in a year than they could have if they relied on traditional means of funding. You might not like it, but it's a pretty sound business decision and lets them put out more printings of more games. Is that really such a bad thing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.