Subject: Other games with difficulty level setting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While I didn't fall in love with Nations (the control freak inside prefers going through the entire deck in TtA in order to reduce randomness), I adore the different difficulty level per player. Will definitely install it in the next game I design. Does anybody know other games (not co-op) that have this setting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rosén
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
There are many games where giving an initial handicap can be standard: Twilight Struggle, Lord of the Rings (with Sauron player it is competitive), chess, Go and so forth, but I guess you are looking for one where it is integrated throughout? Robo Rally and Galaxy Trucker can be played with timing constraints for the more experienced players which have made them great fun for us with a large mix. (The inspiration for us came from the Civ computer game).

P.S. If you want to reduce randomness, one solution would be to always clear out the three rows, and pick a subdeck of exactly the number of cards needed. Then the only randomness would be if they appear on the odd or the even turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelican Cove has that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Indeed looking for creative and elegant mechanics for introducing difficulty levels as seamlessly as possible. Hopefully influencing proceedings throughout the entire game, because handicap as such can be introduced in any game.

EDIT: bought Uluru already :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.