Chicken Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Voting issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Monahan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi!

I recently bought Chicken Caesar and had my first game and had a blast with it. A couple of issues came up that that I wanted to check up on after the game has ended.

We got into a situation where there were two roosters from the same family and a third from a different family, the foxes are coming to take one. After voting, it was chosen that the lone chicken was to be sent to the foxes, but this was vetoed. The Suffragium token was then left with the player whose family had the two Roosters up for vote. Does this player have to pay one frumentum to vote for themselves to die? What if this player has no money? According to the rules they can't abstain without paying money so if they have nothing, the game stops there.

We had a similar issue near the end of the game where there was only one player in the lowest office and they had no money to vote for themselves or to abstain.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiferkatt wrote:
Hi!

I recently bought Chicken Caesar and had my first game and had a blast with it. A couple of issues came up that that I wanted to check up on after the game has ended.

We got into a situation where there were two roosters from the same family and a third from a different family, the foxes are coming to take one. After voting, it was chosen that the lone chicken was to be sent to the foxes, but this was vetoed. The Suffragium token was then left with the player whose family had the two Roosters up for vote. Does this player have to pay one frumentum to vote for themselves to die? What if this player has no money? According to the rules they can't abstain without paying money so if they have nothing, the game stops there.

We had a similar issue near the end of the game where there was only one player in the lowest office and they had no money to vote for themselves or to abstain.

Thanks in advance

Note that in the rulebook for voting it says the player has to pay one frumentum to nominate his own rooster if that nomination is for advancement. In your case, the player nominates his own rooster to die, for free.

See top of page 12 for absolute clarification.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Monahan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Ah! Yes, I see it now! Thank you!

Well, that helps in that case, but what if they can only vote themselves for an office because there are no other roosters in the office eligible to be voted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Then there is no vote, and the roosters just move up the hierarchy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.