flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Text we know:

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions
Identity:
ch card is increased by
n card in Archives.

Let's try to figure this out using logic; we know that the dot after "Archives" is aligned below the 2nd "e" of "increased", so let's try to see what text fits the most and still keeps with the alignment.

Some people suggested this:

The trash cost of each card is increased by
1 for each facedown card in Archives.

It simply doesn't align though. "But wait!" some of you yell. "If you add a credit icon after the '1' it'll line up perfectly!" Well yes, yes it would, but Encryption Protocol doesn't, so why this? In fact, every card in the game that says the cost of something is increased/decreased by X (like Modded, Xanadu, etc.) doesn't use the credit token. So this can't be it.

Which seems to make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Could be rezz cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aermet69 wrote:
Could be rezz cost?

The rez cost of each card is increased by

This aligns better, but why would you play this? Even if it has like 25 influence I don't think I would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're totally different typefaces. They're not even both serif fonts. Comparing the way the text lines up in a forum post to the way it lines up on the card is nearly useless.

For example, compare...

Once per turn, you may remove 1 hosted
virus counter to trash a card you access
at no cost (even if it cannot normally be
trashed).

...to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example actually aligns almost perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
kroen wrote:
Your example actually aligns almost perfectly.

The version you dismissed in the OP was "misaligned" by less than a letter. The Imp text, which fits "almost perfectly", is misaligned by almost a letter near the ends of lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm you're right now that I look at it again it does actually seems spot on. Well then case closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it really is about increasing trash costs significantly, then it might play well with Chairman Hiro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
How does the rulebook define unrevealed cards in archives? Facedown or hidden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main issue if that is facedown cards, is keeping face down cards in archives, since the runner can just run there. Will be interesting if it is that. Will lead to early overdrawing to trash some cards.

I hope the influence is high, so I can try this with Director Haas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
The main issue if that is facedown cards, is keeping face down cards in archives, since the runner can just run there.

Come at me runner. Oh, and enjoy thos Shocks and Shi-Kyus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oot TheMonk
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I think it's increase the trash cost by one for each copy of that card in archives. That way it builds up strength in the long game. If it's for every facedown card in archives, I feel like it starts feeling too much like RP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
OotTheMonk wrote:
I think it's increase the trash cost by one for each copy of that card in archives. That way it builds up strength in the long game. If it's for every facedown card in archives, I feel like it starts feeling too much like RP.

There's an n visible in the second line at the start of "n card in archives". If it were "copy of that card in archives", the n would be a t instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it increases trash cost, note that it doesn't say "each installed card."

How about I Power Shutdown you two or three times and you can come run my HQ/R&D full of Snares and Shocks that will cost an arm and a leg to get rid of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwalker wrote:
If it increases trash cost, note that it doesn't say "each installed card."

How about I Power Shutdown you two or three times and you can come run my HQ/R&D full of Snares and Shocks that will cost an arm and a leg to get rid of?

...or he can run Archives first. Yes you'll have traps there too, but still I doubt this ID is OP if that's indeed what it reads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put an Ash or Archives, that would be a lot of annoyance just to bring down trash costs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metagaia wrote:
Just put an Ash on Archives, that would be a lot of annoyance just to bring down trash costs...

Sadly, there's this rather bizarre ruling: You would turn all of the cards faceup in the case of Ash, but the Runner cannot access them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
metagaia wrote:
Just put an Ash on Archives, that would be a lot of annoyance just to bring down trash costs...

Sadly, there's this rather bizarre ruling: You would turn all of the cards faceup in the case of Ash, but the Runner cannot access them.
Gah! Can't believe I forgot that ruling.

Thanks for reminding me, there is always just a couple of edge cases that slip by in card games like this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netrunner rules interpretation seems to lean towards the exact text rather than simplicity. Combined with poor templating we get this Ash ruling, and the distinction between Femme'd Komainu and Femme'd Information Overload, which I think is a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fake Name
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The play cost of each card is increased by
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.