Subject: Star Realms Online - Anyone getting notification delay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bubo Mortis
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm trying to figure out if this is just happening to me before I report it to support.

Yesterday, from mid-afternoon until I went to bed at 3AM CST (studying for a hard test right now), I have been getting delayed notification about online play. What I mean is that I would not receive any notice or sound about my opponent completing their turn, and would not see them play their turn unless I tapped "Next Game" after they make their move. After a period of time like this, I would then suddenly get all of the missed notices at once, resulting in my phone going "ding ding ding" for a minute or two. After this rush, I would get notices like normal for approximately 10 minutes, then the delay would start again.

This happened on both cellular data and wifi, and at two different locations in town as well as my home. However, this could just be my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), so I wanted to check if anyone else experienced this before I report it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't with my S4 until I was in a place with zero cellular reception. As soon as I regained internet connectivity, I had the DINGDINGDING.

Perhaps not the app and possibly your cell service?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubo wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if this is just happening to me before I report it to support.

Yesterday, from mid-afternoon until I went to bed at 3AM CST (studying for a hard test right now), I have been getting delayed notification about online play. What I mean is that I would not receive any notice or sound about my opponent completing their turn, and would not see them play their turn unless I tapped "Next Game" after they make their move. After a period of time like this, I would then suddenly get all of the missed notices at once, resulting in my phone going "ding ding ding" for a minute or two. After this rush, I would get notices like normal for approximately 10 minutes, then the delay would start again.

This happened on both cellular data and wifi, and at two different locations in town as well as my home. However, this could just be my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), so I wanted to check if anyone else experienced this before I report it.

I believe they initially had some issues with the Note 3, is your app fully upgraded? Could also still be having some issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubo Mortis
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would have suspected the cell service as well, since it can be finicky at times in my town. However, I was getting the same behavior on wifi at McDonald's, at home, and at the office (I was using the lab at the office for part of my studying) yesterday.

I'm leaning strongly towards my phone, as much as I don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubo Mortis
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
danlicata wrote:
bubo wrote:

I believe they initially had some issues with the Note 3, is your app fully upgraded? Could also still be having some issues.

As far as I'm aware, I'm fully upgraded. I downloaded the app after they announced the Samsung fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.