Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea where to source some appropriate scale yesteryear motorcars - as pictured in the rulebook?

I'm having no luck finding any! HO scale or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think stores/web stores that cater to model railroad enthusiasts would be a good source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
I would think stores/web stores that cater to model railroad enthusiasts would be a good source.

I found some circa 1925, but nothing period appropriate. I guess it's an uncommon thing to stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are actually some really nice HO scale vehicles out there from a couple of companies:

A list of part numbers from Jordan Highway Miniatures:

http://www.87thscale.info/jordan.htm

I used that list some time ago and just went on a google hunt to find the kits.

This site has several models that will fit in just perfect. Especially the 1904 Oldsmobile, 1913 Model T Firetruck, and the 1911 Model T Delivery Car:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?str_s=Jordan&ss=1

There is also the Autocar Trucks like this one I found that are perfect for the period:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/OnTrak-HO-5105-1909-Autocar-...

I just googled the year I was looking for and HO Scale Trucks or Vehicles. Search around and you will be amazed at what you can come up with.

If you are not too picky about the period you can go right up to the 20s and find some pretty fantastic looking vehicles.

Have fun!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad2112 wrote:

If you are not too picky about the period you can go right up to the 20s and find some pretty fantastic looking vehicles.

Have fun!!

Yep, if mil tech has evolved as much faster in the game universe than it did in 'real life' there is no reason to suspect automobile tech hasn't as well. I would think 20s and 30s stuff could fit in decently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are excellent. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.