2 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom made X-wing game mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
flag msg tools
Hi everybody,

I recently posted this on the X-wing subforum on reddit and thought I should share with you guys also.

I just wanted to show off my new game mat I just finished. I work in a printing office so this is printed on some kind of vinyl material. The main image is from the NASA website and I made borders for the playing cards on each end with all kinds of starwars art blended together in photoshop, each side with their own art. The play area is 3x3 feet with additional 6 inches on each side for the cards.

Since I made this just to make the game more fun for myself and my friends I would like for you guys to enjoy it also, so here is the pdf file (in full printing resolution and CMYK colors) if you want to print it yourselves at your local/online printing company.

I'm also working on a 2x2 feet game mat with a Deathstar surface playing field and with different rebel/empire art borders related to the Deathstar. I'll probably make a new thread for it and show you guys when its ready for playing later this week.

EDIT: There was a minor exporting error in the 45 mb file so I fixed it and uploaded a newer version (25 mb file).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
That is a pretty sweet mat. The staging areas always come out looking really good on most mats that have them, so nice job.

I just got my first mat in, one I ordered from Banners on the Cheap a month ago. The box they shipped it in had been smashed completely flat and folded multiple times, leaving numerous deep creases and folds in the vinyl. BotC said they would ship a new one out to me if I wanted, but I will try using a thick towel and iron to smooth it out. Shame too, because the image of the Orion Nebula I used came out a lot better than I thought it would. Oh well, should have been expected when trusting my mail to the Guard unit that brings it up here. Next time I will order to my apartment back home and just keep gaming on a boring table up here.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.