Subject: Restarting in the one-lane section rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When restarting in the one-lane section on the Verghn's Grove track, there will be two cars per space. Excactly when does the limit of one car per space start to apply to each space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
Portugal
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a good point.

I would suggest that as long as there are two cars in a sector then each 'Space' of that sector is treat as a seperate single space. As soon as one of the spaces becomes empty then that sector reverts to a single lane.

Have to try that one out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Schrieber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a good question. I think you play it as double-wide until it has been cleared by all cars. Think of it as the cars getting sorted out on a restart. It takes a bit before the line up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will address this in the errata as I think it applies.

If it was used for a restart, count the spaces as double for the entire next turn. After that it reverts to single. If 2 cars are side-by side after that both must be chosen to be a part of a line and are deposited into the matching lane after the single section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:

If it was used for a restart, count the spaces as double for the entire next turn. After that it reverts to single. If 2 cars are side-by side after that both must be chosen to be a part of a line and are deposited into the matching lane after the single section.

Having two spaces become one when each of them contains a car would lead to a lot of rules problems. I think it is much better to do as others suggests, to make the merging of the two spaces into one depend on how many cars they contain. That way it would never be a single space containing two cars, and the rules would not need to handle that.

Whether the two spaces should merge when they contain one cars or zero cars depends on how big impact it should have to be first after a restart in this section: If each pair of spaces reverts to a single space as soon as they contain one car, it will be more andvatageous to have a good position in that restart than if each spoace only reverts to a single space when it has becomed emptied.

It would also be possible to revert each pair of spaces to a single space if at the end of a turn, none of the pairs contains two cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith-Stoe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a restart in the one lane section in our very first game. I'll be curious to see what rule is decided on for this.

It was the last lap when it happened to us. I think we just left it open as two lanes. (Me being the leader playing against my two children may have had something to do with that choice.) It seemed way too advantageous for the leader if each sector immediately collapsed to one lane as soon as there was only one car. I'm not sure if every car cleared those sectors during the restart turn. Then again I also don't remember it being a problem after that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Jeff Horger wrote:
If 2 cars are side-by side after that both must be chosen to be a part of a line and are deposited into the matching lane after the single section.

!

This sounds like it's going to get messy. :)

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:

Jeff,
Is there a place that all the FAQ and errata is able to be read or are you still working on it?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
merson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jbetz45453 wrote:

Jeff,
Is there a place that all the FAQ and errata is able to be read or are you still working on it?
Thanks

For anyone who hasn't come across it yet, here is the errata page being compiled on BGG:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1182052/errata-page-please-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:

Trust me, I'm a professional. If you restart in the single area of the track, at least 90% of the cars will have left the area and will not have the ability to get around in one play. The zone will be clear and for that 1 in 1000 games when two cars are left side-by-side at the end of the turn, my suggestion will work fairly easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.