Subject: Ambassador bag and sleeves question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks.

I've just discovered this game and I'm getting ready to pre-order from either Artipia direct or via the New Dawn Kickstarter.

However the base box seems to have a lot of space, so I was wondering whether it would be worth picking up one of the ambassador bags for transporting the game to game nights. To anybody that has a bag, are they a good storage/transport solution and are they big enough to contain the base game and the expansions or just the base set?

Generally I don't sleeve my cards (although after watching a friend maul one of my Star Realms cards while attempting to pick it up off the table, I'm reconsidering - either that or buy him some nail clippers), however in Rahdo's run-through he suggested sleeving some of the cards to make set-up time a little quicker. Is this something others would recommend or is it not that much of an issue?

One final question, is it possible to identify cards from each set (an icon on the card face perhaps?) or are they all the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get the game from artipia the sets are not marked. If you wait till this fall and get it from Stronghold Games the cards will be marked by set.

I am currently working on a premium organizer for this game that should be available about the same time as the Stronghold release if you like that sort of thing.

I don't know anything about the bags.

I normally sleeve my cards if they start to get marked. I got my copy of amount the stars from the promos kickstarter so I picked up the square penny sleeves they were offering. They are the worst sleeves I own, and would not get them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get fantasy flight square sleeves: they're 250% thicker than those penny sleeves, and give a very nice feel to the cards.

I'm waiting for the tuck boxes from the reprint Kickstarter to organize; until I'm just using a lot of baggies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Treebeard.

Unfortunately Stronghold Games don't ship to Europe

What makes their sleeves so bad and what would you recommend instead?
Edit: Never mind, InfoCynic answered while I was typing.

Thanks folks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard sleeves are thin and easy to rip. You could look at the premium sleeves, but I don't know much about them because they became available after I got the standard ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves Artipia sells are just rebranded Mayday sleeves, so if you have experience with their normal sleeves or premium sleeves, you can judge by that.

Mayday normal : 40 microns
Mayday premium: 90 microns
FFG: 100 microns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.