J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the scenario

or in French

--

All similarities between this scenario and another great coop game are assumed ^^

This scenario is fairly simple, you have to explore the island to retrieve 2 parts of a forgotten machine that can take you out of there.
You have to face thirst, strong winds and terrible Sand Storms that move around the island.

FAQ/clarifications:

- When both Hull and Engine have been obtained, you immediately win.

- To get Hull, you must take a special Explore action on Tile #2;
you must have built Brick and must discard 1 wood per player.

- To get Engine, you must take a special Explore action on Tile #11;
you must have built Rope and must discard 1 fur per player.

- "-1 wall" happens both when a Storm moves into Camp, and when the Camp moves into a Storm; if there are several Storms on the same tile, apply "-1 wall" multiple times;

- when the Camp is in a Storm, and the Storm does not move, there is no "-1 wall"; but next turn, there won't be any production.

- when drawing Mystery Cards to move the Storms, you don't apply the effect of the cards, just look at there icons (treasure/monster/trap) to determine where the Storms are moving.

- Starting Item "Storm-Glass" is useless here, so draw another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your scenarios look great, I will play them and post what I think

A quick question - what software do you use, I have been using publisher and find it really difficult to get the torn edges effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storgar wrote:

A quick question - what software do you use, I have been using publisher and find it really difficult to get the torn edges effect.

I use Gimp mainly because it's free;
I actually didn't spend too much efforts on the background "continuity" and other effects, you can see a lot of edges from me copy/paste-ing some stuff around. I would go with online tutorials (written or video) to learn more about advanced effects like "torn edges" here's one if you want to try it.

PS: you can get all the individual game tokens/tiles/etc. from the vassal module (.vmod is just a .zip, inside there's an image/ directory)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have tried this scenario 3 times as a 3 player with: Carpenter, Explorer and Soldier. The 1st 2 games I lost (I did have a dull attack and forgot to use starting items on them though so not sure how much that affected me). In the 3rd game (I had my starting items: Flask of Rum and Pistol) also I used the dog, I managed a win this time and repaired the Hull on turn 10, so it was only just a win.

A couple points I would like to clarify:

With the storms you say "Night, after moving the camp" Do you do a storm move every night but it would take place after the camp moves or do you only do a storm movement if you move the camp?

With the water you lose if it reaches 0, would the loss not be at the end of the day you have no water and therefore cannot reduce the water by 1. Because if you have 1 water, you drink it during the day and reduce it to 0 last thing in the night phase, it seems harsh to lose at that point as you did drink water, this would give you the following day to collect water and get it back up to 1 before the next day ends.

Also, I think I have this right but you have to find the correct tile, do an extra explore to bring the hull or engine home and then do a build action to repair it.

Thanks for a good scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
With the storms you say "Night, after moving the camp" Do you do a storm move every night but it would take place after the camp moves or do you only do a storm movement if you move the camp?

Yes you move the Storms every turn. it's the "fun" part of the scenario.
But if you want to move your camp, you have to do it before the Storms move.

Quote:
With the water you lose if it reaches 0, would the loss not be at the end of the day you have no water and therefore cannot reduce the water by 1. Because if you have 1 water, you drink it during the day and reduce it to 0 last thing in the night phase, it seems harsh to lose at that point as you did drink water, this would give you the following day to collect water and get it back up to 1 before the next day ends.

I see your point. It works either way. You may start at 5 and die at -1 ^^

Quote:
Also, I think I have this right but you have to find the correct tile, do an extra explore to bring the hull or engine home and then do a build action to repair it.

No actually I did not expect an extra build action to repair.

To win, you must find BOTH tiles #2 and #11.
+ do an explore action on tile #2 with brick and x wood
+ do an explore action on tile #11 with rope and x fur

maybe build actions (instead of explore) would make more sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK that has cleared up those points thanks, I will play again and get it all correct this time.

I think a build action for the repair would probably be better and it is more clear then that you automatically find it when you uncover the correct tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also when you draw the 2 mystery cards - do you resolve them or just see what they are to determine direction of storm?

Is a storm removed from the game if it moves off the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok just played the scenario 2 more times.

Characters - Carpenter, Explorer and Soldier.

Starting Items - Hammer and Nails and Bible.

1st Game, lost. Ran out of time, could not find tile 11, got pounded by storms.
2nd game, WON on turn 7. Got a bit lucky, only needed to explore 4 tiles and then it was a case of just hunting and getting the resources to repair the hull and engine.

Overall a good scenario, its quite different to the ones in the game and provides a good extra variety of gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storgar wrote:
Also when you draw the 2 mystery cards - do you resolve them or just see what they are to determine direction of storm?

Is a storm removed from the game if it moves off the board?

well I expected those questions, that's why there was a small FAQ/clarification in my first post

you don't resolve the mystery cards drawn to move storms
and the storms don't move off board

Thx for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops should have noticed those sorry :s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Maniarski
msg tools
Scenerio in Polish

"Pustynna Burza"

Autor: kYre - użytkownik forum gryplanszowe.pl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes S
Germany
Ansbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just finished playing it with my wife.

Was fun, we liked it (Cook and Explorer). Anyhow found it a bit easy. But we got quite lucky with the events, storms and so on.

Thanks for a pleasant evening umbre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler B
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you draw mystery cards to move the storm, are they discarded from the game? Or are they shuffled back into the deck to be used again/found by normal means? If discarded, I'm assuming it's open information so you can determine the odds of where the storm might move next...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.