J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the scenario

or in French

--

If you can get around the Disney theme, you will find a very interesting challenge in this scenario.

The goal is very simple: resolve 3 events with question marks.

the catch: there are only 3 events with question marks in the Event Deck, the rest have Book icons, there are a ton of them, and they just keep coming faster (you start by drawing 1 event/turn, then 2/turn, and finally 3/turn!)

To make things more complicated interesting, the events with question marks have additional requirements (the first 3 random objects at setup), and those objects have additional costs.

The scenario has a very unique flow: it starts very slow but when it starts picking up pace (phase 2 then 3), it should be over pretty fast (one way or the other).

FAQ/clarifications:

- When you resolve the third event with question mark, you immediately win.

- When you resolve the first (second) event with question mark, you immediately apply the Phase 2 (Phase 3) setups: new weather dice, new book events shuffled into the event deck, place number token on events to remember you have to draw multiple events per turn from now on!

- it is technically possible to resolve 2 question mark events in the same turn (and jump 2 phases), but you must have the 2 special requirements/prequisites in advance (items numbered 4+5 or 5+6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is a very nice scenario, I have played it 4 times so far. Plenty replayable because of the large number of adventure cards played, especially of the building (brown) type (the least likely adventure cards to be played in most other scenarios because building is the riskiest action to take with only 1 pawn), the large number of (book) event cards played and because you are forced to build three random inventions in a predefined order (thus having to adapt your strategy in order to take advantage of them as much as possible). And you get to see all 3 weather dice. I would go as far as to say this might be my favorite scenario (there are still about 10 fan created scenarios that I haven't tried yet).

Thanks, J.B.!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron van 't veer
Netherlands
Jisp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For players, who like the classic mythological theme of Hercules, I have made an alternative Scenario Sheet. The scenario is exactly the same, but the cartoons are replaced by classical images.

Have fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.