J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the scenario

or in French

--

In this scenario, you are trying to make your way through the island, from one side to the other. However you can not move your camp at night like usual. Instead, depending on the terrain, you have to equip certain items or pay resources to move the camp.

Leaving the Beach will take a hard toll on morale, the Raft is the only way to go through rivers, the Rope and Belts to climb mountains, plains/deserts will cost you food or determination, and hills wood or fur.

I've found that in this scenario, there is much fewer explore actions (because you start in a corner, and because moving Camp is very difficult). I recommend having the explorer in the party for the first try.

FAQ/clarifications:

- When you move Camp, you MUST suffer -1 roof & -1 wall -or- all characters take wounds for unfulfilled demand (up to 2 wounds if you have neither roof nor wall)!

- When you move Camp to 6, you immediately win (if you survive the -1 roof & -1 wall of course).

- When there is a choice (pay 1 wood/1 fur per player or pay 1 food/2 determination per player), you can do a mix: for instance it is OK to pay 1 wood + 1 fur for 2 players.

- Weather: use the tokens (1 rain / 1 snow), not the dice

- Starting Item "Storm-Glass" is useless here, so draw another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I have just played this scenario twice.

A little point, you say to loose 1 roof and 1 palisade when moving camp, surely this should be an IF POSSIBLE, as moving the camp is not an event that you would shelter behind or under from. Working on this basis I played twice.

I enjoyed the scenario it is in keeping with the theme of the game, trekking through a very difficult island to get to a village of safety.

1st go
Carpenter, explorer, cook and dog (easy mode, to see how it plays)
I decided here that the explores ability to select from 3 tiles was crucial and therefore made sure that we only moved the camp onto rivers or mountains as I felt the cost of moving from these was much more affordable in a 3 player game (I can see how the others might be preferable in 1or2 player). built the snare quickly to help with food, also made sure the cook had a good supply of determination tokens, bought extra food when needed and was very good for cancelling the raincloud in rounds 4-6. We also managed to build the furnace ready for round 10. In the end we got to the village on round 11 with 2 players on full health and 1 with 1 wound.

2nd go no dog but as above
Didn't have the furnace available this time, but same tactics as above. Won on round 11 2 with 4 wounds and 1 with 6.

I recommend having a go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback as usual, but I have to tell you, you played it easy with your initial assumption

Quote:
A little point, you say to loose 1 roof and 1 palisade when moving camp, surely this should be an IF POSSIBLE, as moving the camp is not an event that you would shelter behind or under from. Working on this basis I played twice.

There is no "If Possible" here on purpose. You MUST suffer the loss of 1 roof & wall when moving camp -or- all characters take wounds (1 or 2) for unfulfilled demand! devil

Mechanically, this scneario is all about making it harder to move than the standard rules (where you move camp freely and losse 1/2 roof&wall if possible).
Here you have to "pay" (action/resource/objects) to move and must loose 1 roof&wall in the process.

I will gladly admit that the penalty for moving may not be super-thematic, although The jungle is really thick, you can't just move your entire shelter around ^^

In essence, you will need to move, prepare (re-build roof&wall if possible + gather what you need to move), move again, prepare again, etc.

PS: I updated the FAQ in the first post

Quote:
I decided here that the explores ability to select from 3 tiles was crucial

I agree, in this scenario you have to be prepared for what lies ahead ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When i get chance I will have another go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declochez Nicolas
France
Oise, France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonjour,
Merci pour ce travail.
Il une faute de frappe dans le scénario en FR : Ballon (avec 2 "L") en haut à gauche.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Maniarski
msg tools
Hi!

Adds Polish version

"Przez Dżunglę"

Tekst:
Piotr Krzciuk
Poland
flag msg tools
Oprawa graficzna: ixi24
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Glowacki
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
umbre wrote:

- When there is a choice (pay 1 wood/1 fur per player or pay 1 food/2 determination per player), you can do a mix: for instance it is OK to pay 1 wood + 1 fur for 2 players.

1. What is this mix about? Cost of roof or wall build?
2. What about more than 2 players?
3. What if players move camp to Mountains Tile and next round they decide to move on, but do not have Rope/Belt? (the same with River Tile and Raft) Are they trapped until they invent it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umbre wrote:

DarkerSide wrote:

1. What is this mix about? Cost of roof or wall build?
2. What about more than 2 players?

This rule only applies for the 2 special explore actions to move camp from
- Plains (discard 1 food or 2 determination per player)
- Hills (discard 1 wood or 1 fur per player)

For these 2 actions, you can pay different resources for each player. (that's what I called a "mix" of resources)
For example in a 4 player game, to move out of a Hill, you can pay 4 wood -or- 4 fur -or- 2 wood+2 fur etc.
It does not apply to building costs for roof & wall.

DarkerSide wrote:

3. What if players move camp to Mountains Tile and next round they decide to move on, but do not have Rope/Belt? (the same with River Tile and Raft) Are they trapped until they invent it?

Exactly, this scenario is all about being prepared ^^
Anytime you want to move camp here, you have to pay something (depending on the terrain). If you can't pay, you can't move.
Note: in that time you are still alowed to take actions away from camp (explore, gather), but you can not move camp until you meet the conditions to do so.

hope it clears things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Glowacki
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok. I get it! Thanks a lot

...but 1 more question

Payment with Determination. Does character can pay also for anyone else, or only pay for him/herself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkerSide wrote:
Ok. I get it! Thanks a lot

...but 1 more question

Payment with Determination. Does character can pay also for anyone else, or only pay for him/herself?

Sure, you can "pay for someone else", it's a team effort after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.