in French

--

some back-story:

The idea for this scenario came from me playing
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
's scenario "Treasure Island" and pretty much at the same time, watching the Discovery Channel mini-series "Klondike".

In "Treasure Island", one of the objectives is to find the "Gold!" mystery card in a special deck of mystery cards. Every time you explore a Totem, you automatically gain 1/2/3 cards from that deck, hoping to find the "Gold!". I thought it was a great idea, but it was not really the focus of the scenario.

I wanted to build a scenario with a similar premise, but where the search for gold was the core objective.

In the meantime, I enjoyed the Klondike mini-series and learned about that gold rush I had never heard of before.

Seemed like a good match for this scenario.

--

This scenario is challenging: the weather conditions are harsh in the Yukon, you will face strong winds and snow very soon, and the food/wood supply will exhaust rapidly: be prepared!
For a first game, I recommend not going after the Gold too early. Build your defenses against the cold first, then start digging!

FAQ/clarifications:

- When you find the "Gold!" card, you must survive the turn to win.

- When there is a choice (pay 1 wood/1 fur per player or pay 1 food/2 determination per player), you can do a mix: for instance it is OK to pay 1 wood + 1 fur for 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to see how much work you've done to create this adventure (and the other 3). Thanks. When I'm ever done winning all the official scenario's, I'll try one of yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Umbre

I have had 2 goes at this one now.

Game 1
Carpenter, Soldier and cook, used the dog in 1st go as well.
Was lucky enough to get the furnace so that helped alot with the snow, the cooks ability to turn a snow into rain was also very helpful. The great thing about doing the totems was that you were very good odds of getting a treasure, which also helped out. I won on round 8 but was a bit lucky as the gold was the 12th card in the deck.

Game 2
Used the same setup but did not use the dog. Won on round 10 this time, did 5 totems and got 1 card from a discovery token.

A good scenario that was fun to play, I do like using the mystery deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Hase
msg tools
Is there a German version, too? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Fidalgo
msg tools
Hello,
First thanks for the work on you scenario.

I have got a few questions to make:

-The Weather. Is it the white dice or is it always 2 snows icons?

-Totem special action (draw 3 mine cards and resolve one): The others 2 non used cards are they discarted? Or are they back in the top or shuffle back into the mine deck?

-Can you use more than one time the Totem special action in the same tile? It is not specified.

-When use the Totem special action, is the distance rule aplying? Should I have the campment in the tile where the action is working?

-When use the Totem special action, can you use it even if it is not possible?
Exemple 1: Do the Tile #7 while having morale -3
Exemple 2: Do the Tile #10/#5 while not having enough food/fur/determination and taking wounds insteed.

I write because I liked the scenario and I want to play it more times but I don't want to feel like cheating

I loved using the Mystery cards!!!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.