Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you steal an elite talent with Superior Intellect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that elite talents are upgrades (rule book page 3), is there any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to use Superior Intellect to steal another elite talent, given the non-cloaked, shields down restrictions are met?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The only elite talents you can't steal are face down talents that Kirk has not used yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevecorby wrote:
The only elite talents you can't steal are face down talents that Kirk has not used yet.


Why not? SI doesn't say "steal a face-up-upgrade..." You can't use the stolen Talent, since it would stay face-down, and no captain other than Kirk can do anything with face-down Talents, but you should be able to take it...

Edit: Please ignore me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%3ASuperior_Intel...#

Read it again. It does specify faceup.

As to the original question, it only says upgrades, not a specific kind so elite talents are fair game (except facedown).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cool. thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%3ASuperior_Intel...#

Read it again. It does specify faceup.

As to the original question, it only says upgrades, not a specific kind so elite talents are fair game (except facedown).


You also can't steal a face down tech from Tana Los.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
http://iraw.wikia.com/wiki/Superior_Intellect

just sayin'
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%3ASuperior_Intel...#

Read it again. It does specify faceup.

As to the original question, it only says upgrades, not a specific kind so elite talents are fair game (except facedown).


You also can't steal a face down tech from Tana Los.


Of course. The question was about talents though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%3ASuperior_Intel...#

Read it again. It does specify faceup.

As to the original question, it only says upgrades, not a specific kind so elite talents are fair game (except facedown).


You also can't steal a face down tech from Tana Los.


Of course. The question was about talents though.


We can also add weapons and tech from Quark, for those lucky enough to get one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:



D'oh!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.