Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Williams
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcs
flag msg tools
HI all

Thanks in advance for reading this.

I am looking for a game set in a fantasy or medieval setting that allows me to lead armies but has a good single player game too.

I really enjoy Mage Knight, Archipelago and Clash of Cultures but none of them seem to give me the option of both solo and army building whilst exploring.

I've seen that Runebound has a single player option but this seems more Mage Knight than Clash of Cultures (and there may be a 3rd ed. coming out so I want to hold off a see).
Warriors and traders and Runewars doesn’t have a single player option and neither does Warrior Knight so I’m asking for help finding a game.
Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathworks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

While I can't offer any title since I am not a war gamer, I wanted to point you to the 1 Player guild. There are quite a few war gamers as well, so I am optimistic that someone can help you.

Yours,
Deathworks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Williams
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcs
flag msg tools
Ok great thanks. I'll ask there too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deathworks, wouldn't Romolo o Remo? do the trick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathworks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Moe45673 wrote:

Well, first of all, it wouldn't be fantasy, as it is (pseudo-) historical. And then I am not really sure about it being a war game as the military option is weakened quite a bit by needing farms or grain to feed each unit every turn (or salt for mercenaries, IIRC), so armies are relatively small in this game, I think. So, I am doubtful about it, but you are right, it does go somewhat into that direction.

Yours,
Deathworks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Austin
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle defense style Legions Of Darkness can service some of those criteria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deathworks wrote:
Hello!

Moe45673 wrote:

Well, first of all, it wouldn't be fantasy, as it is (pseudo-) historical. And then I am not really sure about it being a war game as the military option is weakened quite a bit by needing farms or grain to feed each unit every turn (or salt for mercenaries, IIRC), so armies are relatively small in this game, I think. So, I am doubtful about it, but you are right, it does go somewhat into that direction.

Yours,
Deathworks

Yup, it's not exactly what he asked for but it's the closest thing I could think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Williams
United Kingdom
Evesham
Worcs
flag msg tools
Thanks. Going to look at Romolo o remo now in more detail but as a quick look, looks good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.