Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to Radio Control multiple opponents simultaneously?

Consider the following example, assuming robot A has the Radio Control capability:

PHASE 1: A is lined up to shoot B. Instead, he uses Radio Control on B. Per the rules, B's programming for Phases 2-5 now changes to mirror A's. OK, easy enough.

PHASE 2: A is now lined up to shoot C. Can he instead use Radio Control on C and therefore control the programming of B and C simultaneously?

If the answer is yes (and that's how we played it, since the card does not mention any exceptions or limitations), then this seems pretty overpowered to me. I can see maybe only allowing one opponent to be Radio Controlled at a time (controller's option), but don't have enough experience with the game to know if that would be a reasonable house rule or not.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it's allowed. Most of upgrade cards are "unbalanced" in one way or another and this is what makes the game fun. Get your own upgrade, push him into a pit or stay away :). Remember that your goal is to get to the flag, most of the time, not to mess with your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can radio control multiple opponents. It rarely happens, and I don't consider it unbalanced both because it rarely happens and because you can use other weapons over and over on multiple people in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I'm glad we played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've even seen a robot radio control another robot, who then pushed the first robot into a pit while executing the program he was forced to by the controlling robot! Funniest robo-revenge ever!

And no, if the controlled robot had been allowed to use his own program, he wouldn't have done any harm at all to the other robot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.