Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a unit that spends the night turn digging in gain the effect of bonfires built by another unit in the same hex? The rules says that bonfire markers go on top of the hex, which seems to mean that all units in the hex gain the effect, except for those moving into it in the same phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a more careful reading of the rules I see that only the building units go under the bonfire marker, so I guess that excludes units digging in instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Glad you were able to figure it out. A unit can become Dug In in a single turn on a night turn, or it can build a bonfire. Units that Dug In have spent the turn working to improve their position and do not benefit from the warmth and rest provided by the bonfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to be sure, if multiple units all move into a hex with another unit that doesn't move, can the unit that doesn't move wait until the others are there to build a bonfire and have everyone benefit from it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Only units that choose to build a bonfire as their sole action during the Action Phase go beneath the bonfire marker. A unit that moves for its action cannot also build a bonfire as its action. So in this case, the unit that stayed put and built a bonfire would go under the marker, while the units that moved would go on top of the marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I see now. Here was the situation at the start of the first night turn in my solo learning game...

I misunderstood the rule about this and moved everyone together under bonfires that a non-moving unit built, but had I played it right the Soviets would really be SOL...all those single units out there alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not completely SOL, it is a 50/50 dice roll and you aren't on the lake so no negative DRM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurt_purcell wrote:
Not completely SOL...

Oh, you haven't seen me roll dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice hate me. They hate me. (Spoken in the same tone of voice as The Kids in the Hall sketch). The joys of learning. Going back to square one in Op Dauntless after shinier things kicked it off the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.