Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be attending Celesticon in about a month's time, and am thinking about trading away my barely-played copy of Mage Knight (and maybe one or two others). I don't really feel like shipping a game of this heft, so if there is a way to do trades at the show, that would be preferable.

Does anybody know if there is a dedicated time set aside at the show for trading? Is there usually a thread or geeklist for trading beforehand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There are usually some manner for conducting just "such" transactions betwixt fellow BGG attendees, as long that any desired yours. You can determine about thus with looking around for anyone that did WANT what you have, and contact these especially if they resided nearby to there, or even along your way to and fro during this. "Good exchange" for that then, and at least you're NOT: 'green Jell-O!' with shaved 'carrot' suspended disgustedly within any!
"E"-'viler' gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a place for trading, and event sales of used games.

CelestiCon has a flea market Friday night. That would be the best place to find the maximum number of interested people.

You can reserve a table in the flea market by going to http://www.celesticon.com/register.php
You need to scroll down to the bottom to find the link.

See you soon!
Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travellerne wrote:
Yes, there is a place for trading, and event sales of used games.

CelestiCon has a flea market Friday night. That would be the best place to find the maximum number of interested people.

You can reserve a table in the flea market by going to http://www.celesticon.com/register.php
You need to scroll down to the bottom to find the link.

See you soon!
Kris

I don't really need to reserve a table to trade one game. I was hoping something a bit less formal, like a bulletin board to post games available for trade, or a geeklist or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
eviljelloman wrote:
I don't really need to reserve a table to trade one game. I was hoping something a bit less formal, like a bulletin board to post games available for trade, or a geeklist or something.
DID you know that "getting a table/space" THEN allows Y-O-U within this 'arena for array' EARLIER than the majority awaiting "entrance" for there? Yeah, so I'm able to "work out a deal-deal" from these participants AHEAD of the rest, if you could *game-grasp* the entirety of this now, eh?
ALSO-"Last Day" for most is when you could garner greater goods; "...and that felt g-o-o-d!"
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a message board near registration, but your best bet might be to post online, telling people that you'll be at CelestiCon.

Sometimes
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

starts a CelestiCon math trade, but I haven't seen him do it yet this year. You could start one.

Kris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ack!

I need this MT, I have a bunch of stuff that has to go. I'll get on this shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I set up a MT for CelestiCon 2014. It may take a day for it to show up in the OLWLG, but the wheels are all in motion. Here's the main list, which has links to the discussion thread and request list.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/176947/celesticon-2014...

I have no way of reaching all the BGGers who are CelestiCon attendees, so please tell as many people as you can about this. The more people involved, the more and better trades we'll all get.

Excelsior!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.