Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all!

I invite your corrections and comment on the following DRAFT Reference Aid that I posted in the files section:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105713/players-aid-car...

I wrote a comment on that same page that better explains why I posted a draft version, and of my intentions for the full version. The bottom line is that I wish my final version be a product that passes your muster!

As mentioned there, my original intention was simply a 2-sided QR Card, to supplement other products such as the great Rules Summary posted by Kevin Schwab (July 15th). But it grew like a monster so I decided to re-scope my project into a QR card with a supporting pamphlet.

Thusly this is a perfect time to seek your input! For instance, the portion I had the most difficulty with (as you might guess) is the "Desperados Challenge." And this portion is made more difficult as the rules for the Desperado challenge also handle the desperado rules for the Gold challenge (where you may come across two desperados). Though one would think that the same rules for the "Desperado Gang" would work for when facing two Desperados, I discovered they need to be written to cover both situations. So you can see what I came up with.

Also, I had trouble simply porting Sean's rewrite of the Desperado rules from the FAQ. While I was "getting" the rules in the FAQ, they somehow seemed clunky to me (as I'm sure what I ended-up with may seem even "clunkier" to you)!
For instance, the part I had trouble with is the contradiction between the published rulebook and the FAQ over the number of bullets to draw at the start of the challenge. The rulebook emphasizes very much that three bullets are to be drawn [at once], while the FAQ says to draw only enough bullets to get the first hit.

I'm sort of a jerk when it comes to not "crossing the streams" and I see a definite difference between an official Errata and a FAQ. If the rulebook is wrong concerning the number of bullets to be drawn, then I'd love to see that corrected via an official Errata - not via a FAQ (yes, I'm anal that way ). So in the meantime, I did my best to interweave what's written in the rulebook with what I perceived Sean's intentions to be from the FAQ. So again, its these sort of areas where I would love your input!

And one more thing... the final product will be formatted to 5.5" x 8.5" pages, though still easy for printing at home... perhaps one half of a page will have to be cut off - that's what I'm aiming for.

Thanks!

EDIT: And oh, Sean... Although I mentioned you in the third person, of course that's certainly not the case! Input from both you and Ole will perhaps be the most valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.