15 Posts

Temporum» Forums » General

Subject: What and when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that mr. X has a lot of games coming out these days, Greed, Piña Pirata and the reprint of Nefarious and now this.

I ow the theme is time trravel. Does anyone know what the gameplay is like? And when is it coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay and RGG are aiming for Gen Con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great. With a gencon release it might be a good idea to release some info to get some people excited for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Leigh
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per W. Eric Martin's BGG News, the street date is August 15, 2014. [ACD Distribution link here = http://acddistribution.blogspot.com.tr/2014/07/new-from-rio-...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hackryder wrote:
Per W. Eric Martin's BGG News, the street date is August 15, 2014. [ACD Distribution link here = http://acddistribution.blogspot.com.tr/2014/07/new-from-rio-...]

Anybody else think Rio Grande's "play the cards close to the chest" approach to generating buzz a touch annoying? This is the second game that I'm aware of in their roster that is slated for release relatively soon, yet little to nothing substantial is known (Roll for the Galaxy being the other, perhaps more exists as these are also the only two upcoming Rio games I'm paying any attention to).

Respectfully: What the hell, Rio?

If I could see the rules, or at least a preview, I'd be willing to put money aside for a title with such an interesting theme, but theme alone should never be the selling point for buzz. If this hobby devolves into the mire video gaming currently exists, count me out (e.g. announcements about upcoming announcements, trailers with no game play, emphasis on superficial improvements over mechanical innovations, etc).

This game is slated to be on somebody's table in less than 20 days. Seems we should know more about it than we do.

p.s. I'd prefer a preview to the rules, but if finding the time to present one is detrimental, the rules make a decent substitute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Heintz
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If this game is released at Gencon, will Rio Grande be selling it in their room? According to the geeklist and the map, Rio Grande doesn't have a booth this year, but they do have their own room. Will this be where purchases are made? That sounds like a logistical nightmare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are usually two vendors inside the hall selling Rio products. They don't sell in the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
WESTERVILLE
OH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Temporum will not be available at Gencon. I don't know any details - I just know that we won't be demoing it which means that it won't be for sale.

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, now we just need to find out what it is and when it will be available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Thanks for the reply, now we just need to find out what it is and when it will be available

Quote:
Update, Aug. 5, 2014: Temporum will not be available for purchase at Gen Con 2014. In response to a follow-up from me, Rio Grande's Jay Tummelson said that it "will be released in September", along with Stephen Glenn's Rattlebones. Temporum might be available for demo games in the Rio Grande Games room, but not on a production copy, if it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
WESTERVILLE
OH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have a copy of Temporum available to demo but none will be for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, someone who plays it, please post something about the game since the company seems unwilling to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ken (or anyone)
Do we have an updated release date? Looking forward to this one!
(Also hi to another Columbus person!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
WESTERVILLE
OH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last I heard from Jay it is still due this month e.g. September.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KenH wrote:
The last I heard from Jay it is still due this month e.g. September.

Ken

riogames wrote:
I have just learned the games will be produced at the end of September due to a production problem. Thus, the game will now release in early October. Sorry for the delay.
Jay

Source: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16898792#16898792
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.