Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played this game quite a bit and I really like it. Dominion always feels a bit sprawling and unfocussed to me. So I thought I'd give away my idea to make somebody (Mr Gabhart, Rio Grande?) a bag of money on this one.

I think this would work really well with a Hunger Games theme. Get it done quick before the last film comes out! The whole contested resources idea fits with the cornucopia from the books and you would play for the most supporters rather than the largest tribe. Buy allies and convert the sniper to a kill card.

If I had some time I'd do a mock up and go to Arts Cow. I think it could work really well.

And please can I have a free copy when this rethemed re-release is in the top ten on here.

Cheers,

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gusgus mcgee

granite falls
Washington
msg tools
ha ha, wellll ok. If we can get the people with the billion $ rights to the hunger games... lets make it happen yeah i'd still play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be good for everyone. Remember that nobody had heard of The Simpsons until Knitzia used their pictures on his already world famous It's Mine!. It sold in its millions and now I understand that The Simpsons is quite a famous cartoon series on television.

I think the woman who wrote The Hunger Games would probably love the publicity and would pay well for the chance to piggyback on the success of Arctic Scavengers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
This could be good for everyone. Remember that nobody had heard of The Simpsons until Knitzia used their pictures on his already world famous It's Mine!. It sold in it's millions and now I understand that The Simpsons is quite a famous cartoon series on television.

I thyink the woman who wrote The Hunger Games would probably love the publicity and would pay well for the chance to piggyback on the success of Arctic Scavengers.

You do realize that The Hunger Games has made hundreds of millions of dollars already right? Plus there already is a game made out of the IP. So even if they had the rights I'm not sure they'd take a chance with it on a game that has good success (recently) for a board game. I would expect you'd have to sell tens of thousands (if not more) copies of the game to make it worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.