Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm putzing around in the vassal module after getting to play this game (finally) yesterday. It's an impressive piece of work, lots of helpful functions and features. I do have a couple of questions after an initial scan:

1) Can the turn track be reset in the vassal module? It seems that if you press the Next Phase button, there is no going back other than by Undo.

2) As far as I can tell, the ground unit counters in the counter window are only the HQs for the different armies / corps / etc.? Is there a way to find individual unit counters that aren't included in the setup for variou scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
I'm putzing around in the vassal module after getting to play this game (finally) yesterday. It's an impressive piece of work, lots of helpful functions and features. I do have a couple of questions after an initial scan:

I'm not a VASSAL guy (I use it; I don't know how it works), so I was hoping someone else would field this one.

Quote:
1) Can the turn track be reset in the vassal module? It seems that if you press the Next Phase button, there is no going back other than by Undo.

I believe that's the only way to reset it (Undo).

Quote:
2) As far as I can tell, the ground unit counters in the counter window are only the HQs for the different armies / corps / etc.? Is there a way to find individual unit counters that aren't included in the setup for variou scenarios?

I see all the units there. Make sure you drag the window out far enough to see the entire list of units available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, not sure how I missed the units, but I found them. Still interested in the turn / phase track if anyone knows about that, but thanks for answering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Still interested in the turn / phase track if anyone knows about that, but thanks for answering.

I looked at it in the Editor. It's pretty rigidly designed to only ever advance--there's no way to back things up manually if you need to.

Going by the VASSAL module page, the person you will want to contact if you have requests or suggestions to make is:

Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for checking. It's not a big deal, I just tend to be a spaz and need to back up and undo things a lot. I'll have to find another way to keep track of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
thanks for checking. It's not a big deal, I just tend to be a spaz and need to back up and undo things a lot. I'll have to find another way to keep track of the turn.

The Undo function does work on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

The Undo function does work on it.

Yes, but that undos all the moves at the same time, so it's OK but not ideal for a spaz like me who forgets things and has to go back all the time. It won't be a big difference, I was just curious. The module overall is very good, the designer seems to have put a lot of time into it and there's a bunch of stuff that really helps (all the air unit draw cups, for instance).

I'm about done butchering the advanced rules (as I do all rules) and embarking on a solo campaign that will surely be riddled with errors, but I think it will be fun. It seems so far that the advanced rules aren't overly complicated, there are just a lot of steps to follow. I hope to get a live game going some time, I'd love to play with hidden air. I'm listening to the Advance After Combat podcast and heard your story about the guys playing that way, the allied player sending no air and the DRPK player sending everything out. I'd like to have seen that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.