Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Assume a situation similar to that illustrated in the rules on page 11 with three monsters on one side of a wall opening and one explorer on the other side. If all three monsters have melee attacks - do all three get to attack the explorer or only the monster directly on the other side of the opening?

Some in our group interpret the rules as all three, others in our group interpret that only one can attack.

Regardless of the ruling, we are all enjoying the game very much!
Thank you for the great game design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All three may attack. The rulebook makes it clear that adjacency includes diagonals(though I can't give the page, because I am currently at work).

Yes, if you allow yourself to get put in such a situation, it's really bad! Lots of character death in my games so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burton
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 15 it says "For melee, the target must be adjacent." Adjacent is "anything that is next to, and in line of sight." Both diagrams on that page do a good job of illustrating what that means, and how walls affect that.

All 3 monsters could attack, and the explorer could attack any of those 3 monsters in the example on page 11 to which you are referring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.