United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ran through a few plays of Ghost Division. Awesome game, had my brain burning. On game was killed off in first round! I sorta beat the game, but I realized I may have been playing supply check incorrectly.

I was confused about regions. I have deluxe version, so I see the two 2-trucks and the shaded line. When I looked on the map on the DVG website, I see one 4-truck. I'm guessing the 2-trucks are the correct play? In that case seems you have to exploit during first battle or take steep penalties.

My main question is, though, do the Allied forces ever come back after being destroyed? I know Axis forces can come back, but don't see anywhere that Allied forces come back. Just checking to make sure I didn't miss it.

Finally got around to playing this, and boy is it fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You put destroyed counters back in the cup.
So if you're (un)lucky they can come back into game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in the rules does it actually say they go back in the cup? I see in the rules that they go in the "Allied units destroyed" box, but nowhere do I see putting it back into the cup. Just trying to figure at what stage to do that, because it can effect your resupply points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p.11

Once you determine your Resupply points,
move the destroyed Allied Forces back to their
Reinforcement cup. The Allies do not have a
Destroyed pile.

P.S.
You are correct with Truck question.
DVG site has many "alternative" files. They are either updated, outdated or beta testing.
My guess would be that Ghost Division on website is easy version for beginners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, just reread the instructions, don't know how I missed that. Well, that tells me I definitely didn't win my game. shake (Kind of thought it was too easy after reading these forums.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my questions! I figure about 5 more games I might actually play one correctly!! (Gave you some geekgold for the trouble )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I had easy won my first game too.
After reading rulebook once more I realized I couldn't put my reinforcements in any place with "arrows" but only in Liege, Lille and Paris on Ghost Division map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.