Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I had read HoN and Achtung C.!
rules thinking over if this game is for me or not.
The rules for madness caused by Mythos puzzle me.
So you ONLY roll for possible madness while having
a Suppression token?
It seems that madness is quite rare then and it is
also quite illogical.

If you really have chance to go bonkers if someone
suppresses you with machine gun beforehand the Mythos
is not really that scary. It is also gameplay problem
because it makes machineguns almost mandatory
for Mythos using force - otherwise quite a lot of your
potential goes to waste.

Can anyone with gameplay experience with Achtung C.! comment on
this? How well does Madness work in your games.

Also: what is your experince using Hound of Tindalos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, but I think that rule is here to avoid a logistic nightmare.

I you would have to make madness with every unit, then it would take too much time. Both for checking potential LoS to mythos creature, for actual madness check and aplication of madness effects...

On the other hand I'm sure that if those rules doesn't work too well, DPG games will make revision after reading players feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We designed the Suppression as a shaken states for units. That's why some cards give you a Suppressed token.
The cards from Heroes of Normandie aren't really designed to suit all the Mythos specific rules. Shadows over Normandie cards and specific rules will be more focused on madness with a lot of different way to disturb regular soldiers (without rolling bunch of dice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christel Puech
France
Sauve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personnal/fluff understanding about that :

The guys on the battlefield saw so many horror (mutilate body, friend explosing on the mine...) you could understand they are now rough guys, no more boy scout.
They panic/fall in madness not easily now after seeing all the horror of the war. But when they are near the burnout (suppres token) the horrors of mythos do the job against their mental sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
We designed the Suppression as a shaken states for units. That's why some cards give you a Suppressed token.
The cards from Heroes of Normandie aren't really designed to suit all the Mythos specific rules. Shadows over Normandie cards and specific rules will be more focused on madness with a lot of different way to disturb regular soldiers (without rolling bunch of dice).

Thanks for the answer. That sounds ok.
Just keep the madness relevant, please.
In A!C it looks bit sketchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen13 wrote:
My personnal/fluff understanding about that :

The guys on the battlefield saw so many horror (mutilate body, friend explosing on the mine...) you could understand they are now rough guys, no more boy scout.
They panic/fall in madness not easily now after seeing all the horror of the war. But when they are near the burnout (suppres token) the horrors of mythos do the job against their mental sanity.

Yes, it makes some sense.
What does not is that ways to deal supression are very limited.
So it is well possible to have a Mythos army that has absolutely
no chance to give you any scares (no machineguns etc.).
And that sounds bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I get the feeling it's the most common unit ability in the game. Then of course you have the ways of causing suppression without the suppressive fire ability, eg sniper and flamethrower.

Not saying you're wrong, but it occurs to me taking a force without suppressive fire is the same as taking one without anti-tank; it requires deliberate selection to avoid units which have it. As such, I'd think it's only a problem if avoiding suppression / madness turns out to be a better strategy than including it for a Mythos force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.