Subject: Solitaire (also AEG website error fix) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Solo-Variant [+] [View All]
Ed Stowell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving this game. Finally got a group of non-gamers to play a 3p game last night and was more enjoyable than 2p in my opinion (very close points-wise with victory coming down to what cards came up in our last hands).

So today I also tried the solitaire variant as posted on the webpage. I think this is good practice for playing with other people, as you can focus on entomb combos and really get a familiarity for the card sets (if like me you only have a few rounds under your belt). However, I found it slightly frustrating as it's hard to tell until the very end whether you will create a no-win scenario. (I missed it by 1 book - argh). Basically you really have to watch your sacrifices and keep some good entombing cards for the end. Will have to try a few more times to work out the "math" of it.

On the AEG website I did notice it says you must entomb 5 uniques. I'm assuming this is an error; that you need all 6 uniques. They attribute the uniques to 19 total points which would require all 6. It would be interesting if there was a choice to make like that (eliminating 1 unique from entombment with a really powerful ability - Ka Figurine and Burial Mask being extremely useful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cleaver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed

Argh! Of course, you are right. There are 6 uniques. I will correct the AEG website.

Tom Cleaver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
proto proto
msg tools
mb
won both solo version (won both the solo version of the first or second attempt) with maximum VP.
Very easy!
But i know grandsmaster soliter version:
see rules master soliter and:
1) place Censer or Mummified Cat or Ka Figurine to boneyard
2) get Chariot aside
3) shuffle level 2 card and level 3 card
4) place level 3 card + Chariot + level 2 card
5) play!

Try 3 times and get only 154 VP on end, but i know actually win this game with max VP, but hard.

if want harder Grandmaster level dont put Chariot in aside)))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.